OK I'm NEVER ordering a bike from a catalog again...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by foidulus, Apr 11, 2010.

1. foidulus macrumors 6502a

So I just moved to Japan for grad school and have been searching for a bike like the one I had in Germany(a great biking culture btw). Being 188 cm it's not exactly easy for me to find a bike here, but I thought I found one I really liked for a decent price, but they didn't have it in my size, but the guy at the store convinced me that he can order it from the catalog and it would be in my size.

Well today it arrived and guess what, it's comically small.... THis sucks, I laid down about $550 for the thing but its next to unusable and since it was special ordered it cannot be returned...

This is the last time I do anything like that. I really miss the Stadler stores in Germany where they even let you try out the bikes on a test track(complete with simulated rough terrain for mountain bike enthusiasts). Anyone else have any online/catalog order horror stories?

2. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Its Japan, everything is tiny.

More serious though, see if you can sell it. Also, are you sure you need a bike? Japan's public transport system is top-notch.

3. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Buying a bike online would be like buying a suit online. You need to be fitted.

4. I-Eat-Flowers macrumors newbie

are you fluent in japanese?