Ok I've looked but I still don't get this..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JerZyT28, Dec 5, 2011.

1. JerZyT28 macrumors regular

Ok I've successfully jail broken an ipad1, did it before I upgraded it since it is the wife's. Now I got my old iPhone 3G with 4.2.1. It should be unlocked in a few days by my carrier, Telekom. I'm trying to jailbreak it through red snow and every time I get into dfu mode, it posts an error. I have the 4.2.1 firmware downloaded so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every tutorial I find is from when the jailbreak came out, so I don't know if there were updates for red snow or anything. One thing it does show is its trying to say jail breaking iPhone 4. Any suggestions?

2. maturola, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Make sure you got the correct IPSW for your phone.

Also, When you open redsn0w make sure to tell it where do you have the IPSW, go to Extras > Select IPSW then tell it where it is, then go back and do the Jailbreak.

Make sure it is in fact on DFU and not restore mode.

What error do you get?

3. JerZyT28 thread starter macrumors regular

before this screen shot it said waiting for iphone 4

[​IMG]

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What is the IPSW you are using? (can't really see it on the screenshot) It should be iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw

It looks in the Screenshot like you are trying to use the one for the iP4
    iPhone3,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw

5. JerZyT28 thread starter macrumors regular

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The you are using the wrong IPSW...you should be using the 1,2 (which is the iPhone 3G)

7. JerZyT28 thread starter macrumors regular

ok i dl the right one, when i boot up red snow, it says install cydia, enable homescreen wallpaper, etc. this is just extra things? can i add later?

----------

main thing is that it says install ipad baseband, what does that actually do?

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

it does exactly what it says..it will install the iPad baseband on your phone, you said that you are getting an official Unlock from your provider so you don't need to install that, just install Cydia and you will be jailbroken.