OK, last time. Can you do an erase & install with the Up-To-Date Disc?

writeous

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I see alot of people asking this question, and the answer is always "the option is there, but I didnt do it". Is there anyone who successfully did an erase & install with the update cd? I know it needs to detect Tiger to install, so I was confused on whether it would go thru or not with Tiger being erased.

Chillijam

macrumors member
I see alot of people asking this question, and the answer is always "the option is there, but I didnt do it". Is there anyone who successfully did an erase & install with the update cd? I know it needs to detect Tiger to install, so I was confused on whether it would go thru or not with Tiger being erased.
No. The option is not there.

Comment

john.burn

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2007
It Is There...

I used it on my 2.4 SR Macbook Pro... It works and is there.

John.

Comment

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
No. The option is not there.
Beg to differ, as I did this option using my UTD DVD on my 2.2GHz SR MBP and it worked fine.

But, remember, you will not have any bundled software, notebly the iLife apps. However, these can easily be installed using your computer's restore disks.

Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Thanks for your input there. Really helpful.

OK, sorry to the OP, but when I did the upgrade a couple of days ago I searched for the option but couldn't find it. My bad, I guess.

Obviously it was helpful. You noticed that you were in err.
:D:apple:

Comment

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2007
The option IS there, because I'm doing an "Erase & Install" on my Macbook right now, as I type this. You have to go into the Customize settings on the setup screen. It's kind of easy to miss if you're in the habit and just hitting "Next - Accept - Next". But it's there. I'm doing it now.

Comment