Ok lets go to Kentucky, whos with me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Im joking of course and realize just a phone. But will admit that how they are going to get to me by tomorrow looks dubious at best. Im in San Antonio. Its been there for almost three days as many others has.

Im sure Im worrying about nothing and my world wont end if the phone is late. But it does seem to me they are cutting it close just to manage the releaee to be Friday.

Well, its getting close and looking forword to the new phone.

2. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

You have heard of UPS right?

The Louisville hub sorts 300,000 packages an hour... yes, an hour. They have at minimum 80 planes a night leaving Louisville with packages. They can fly up to 120 from there if demand requires it. They also have numerous small cargo planes that go to smaller airports that are not listed as UPS planes when they fly.

Their logistics people are not cutting anything close. They have this down to a science.

3. Lamarak thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes i have, and they have been late before. I did ebay business for years and used them. One bad storm, accident, freeway construction could slow them down.

And my post was more tounge in cheek which is hard to imply in a text. Ive ordered UPS many many times and never has my package sat for three days,(not counting bad weather) so this is not the norm for the way that UPS does business.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

It's sitting for 3 days because Apple has a hold on them. It's cheaper to have the phones sit at the main hub versus having them sit at a local hub.

5. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

That's pretty much the only reason to come here. :D

6. Hmm macrumors regular

Hmm

Yup, that's how it was when I ordered my 3GS. Shipped out from China the next day and sat in Alaska for 3 days so that it wouldn't show up early. Arrived the morning of launch day.

7. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Actually, you are wrong. Holding for three days or X number of days is the norm. I guarded the Palm Pre's (if anyone remembers those) when they were brought in. We did a months worth of shipments leading up to release so some phones sat in a nearby warehouse to the Louisville Airport for a month waiting to be sent out. Customer chooses when they get delivered on a big contract like this and Apple is the customer.

And it is sad, but I 1 up'd your post Pellets because it is sadly correct.

8. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

You can always go back to the hellhole that is Pittsburgh. But if you were talking about Louisville specifically, then I agree! Head over to Lexington if you want beautiful scenery (and Big Blue Madness is tomorrow night!) Thank god...basketball season is almost here!!! Go Big Blue!

9. drnen macrumors regular

I'm looking forward to tomorrow moreso for these threads to stop than I am looking forward to getting my phone. Yeesh

10. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

not reading the threads may be a convenient remedy for your woes.

just saying.

11. matthewskyle macrumors member

I have a strong feeling you worked there. Only current/former employees understand the excitement in your post.

12. outz macrumors 6502

Louisville, KY, United States 10/13/2011 7:57 A.M. Import Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 10/11/2011 9:28 A.M. Arrival Scan

omg, a change.

13. Si1en7 macrumors member

Not gonna lie, I got kinda excited hearing about it. Mmmm....logistics. :cool:

14. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

15. Bozley0621 macrumors 6502

Hey now!

16. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I went to kentucky once.

Had the best Mexican food (and drinks) I've ever had.

Got a surprise tattoo.

Life was good.

Yeah let's do it.

17. Mr. Durst macrumors newbie

Hey, I live in Louisville! Just because there is a crap bball team here doesn't make the city bad. Putting on my three googles in prep for Friday night. It's going to be like Christmas morning....new iPhone 4s in the morn, big blue madness in the evening.

18. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

I am in kentucky...not far from louisville.
    My package just arrived in louisville from texas. cant wait!