Ok, Macbook newbie, a couple of questions...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by geneticfusion, Oct 26, 2013.

1. geneticfusion macrumors member

I got the latest high end 15' Macbook Pro.

Of course, it came with Mavericks and I downloaded all of the iWork and iLife and whatnot. Though, it shows the new Garageband...and Garageband 6.0.5. Also shows the new iMovie, and iMovie 9.0.5. I deleted the older versions, but it was just weird those were the only doubles, anyone else have that issue?

Also, iMovie takes a little bit to open, and I'll get the beach ball if I put my cursor up in the status bar.

I'm just really anal about these kind of things, especially for a 2000+ Macbook.

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I believe all Macs store the older versions. Many users on the forums have noted that the older version of iWork remain on their computer after installing the newer versions. As for the spinning beach ball when opening Garageband... not sure if you should worry about that. While it sucks you have a 100% flash-based MacBook Pro and you still have to deal with the beach ball, you have to remember that GB is a huge program to load.

3. briand05 macrumors 6502

It was the same on mine with Garageband, the new one is a separate app while the old one remained. I only have the new iMovie however.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Apple are keeping some older versions for the people with older macs that's all