OK - NOW i am going to purchase? is it ok to do so?

deepy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
Today was the limit that i could wait before purchasing a macbook.

I'm going to do so with the iPod rebate on a 30gb iPod. Is the 30gb iPod the same? ie the one i get with the rebate the same as the one in the normal store still?

Also, anyone got any words of warning like "dont buy yet because...." then please shout out.

Cheers!

(I waited so so long for c2d and here I am ordering a macbook anyway)
 

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
2,072
28
Washington, DC
If today's really the limit then I don't see what you're waiting for and what you're asking. If it's not really the limit then that's another question.
 

deepy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
miloblithe said:
If today's really the limit then I don't see what you're waiting for and what you're asking. If it's not really the limit then that's another question.
You're right ....it is the limit and i dunno what i'm on about! I guess months of waiting has gotten to my head. I should just be glad that I waited out the majority of the original macbook problems.
 

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
1,248
11
I'll be buying mine today too. I'm pretty excited.

Also the ipods have dropped in price, so that's a bonus.

30GB video model for 70 bucks! IT's a steal!
 

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2006
380
0
Omaha, NE
I was waiting for the Core 2 Duo chips on the Macbooks. But I am now going to get a iMac. I lived through my whole computing life w/o a notebook, what's another year going to do, right?
 

deepy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
NOWWWWWWWW i am just peeeeeeeed off.

its really hot.....apple never released the c2d anddddd the icing on the cake is......


....the "free engraving" on the 30GB iPod using the rebate offer costs £10 more!!!.......sort your stupid website out apple!!!
 

manosaurus

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2006
285
0
deepy said:
Also, anyone got any words of warning like "dont buy yet because...." then please shout out.
Don't buy yet because if you buy a macbook now all the computer is going to do is bitch to you that it's not a C2D!
 

deepy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
prady16 said:
patience my friend......hold on tight till the end of this month!
Can't do hence the limit. Need macbook intime for uni....uni in just over a week....macbook delivery time about a week.


I just want apple the fix the website so i can get the "free engraving" for free.
 

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
1,758
0
California
deepy said:
Can't do hence the limit. Need macbook intime for uni....uni in just over a week....macbook delivery time about a week.


I just want apple the fix the website so i can get the "free engraving" for free.
Haven't people been complaining about slow shipping times? Like, it says a week to ship but they've been waiting for like 2-3weeks. Or has that all been sorted out?
 

deepy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
extraextra said:
Haven't people been complaining about slow shipping times? Like, it says a week to ship but they've been waiting for like 2-3weeks. Or has that all been sorted out?
**** if its 2 or 3 weeks then i'm screwed
 

Manzana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
603
8
Orange County, CA
deepy said:
Today was the limit that i could wait before purchasing a macbook.

I'm going to do so with the iPod rebate on a 30gb iPod. Is the 30gb iPod the same? ie the one i get with the rebate the same as the one in the normal store still?

Also, anyone got any words of warning like "dont buy yet because...." then please shout out.

Cheers!

(I waited so so long for c2d and here I am ordering a macbook anyway)
i think you should wait until tomorrow @ 12pm eastern time...just sayin'...
 

nmamur

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2006
66
0
new york
i bought mine already(its taking about a week and half to arrive:mad: ). I called apple to see if i can return it when i got it if a new MBP came out. The girl told me that it was definitly possible and they would arrange for a pickup time if neccessary. I hope it does come out cause if it gets here and theres no merom, than im done waiting.
 

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
2,952
0
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
MacBooks are extremely popular and the shipping times are slow.

If you MUST have one soon, you best go to the Apple Store.

Shipping is 5-7 business days = 9 days and then UPS or FedEx takes it from these.

My daughter's MacBook sale confirmed yesterday the 11th
Estimated ship, the 20th
Estimated delivery the 27th.

If you can survive with what you have,
try to hang in there for a processor bump.
 

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
342
1
East Coast
deepy said:
I'm going to do so with the iPod rebate on a 30gb iPod. Is the 30gb iPod the same? ie the one i get with the rebate the same as the one in the normal store still?
You can't get the new iPods with the $179 rebate. Only the old ones. So you can't get the new 30gb iPod for a few bucks. It's going to be full price.
 

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
2,952
0
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I know iPods are cool and all that, but your priority should be to get the best computer you can afford, with the correct amount of RAM and storage, and any software you'll need.
If you're buying a notebook as your primary machine, you really need an external
backup drive too.

If you have ALL THAT together and still have money to burn, then what about
a printer and the printer rebates?

If you aren't bumming money for a lunch a Mickey D's after all this, then
buy a new iPod.
 

deepy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
the iPod after rebate is going to be sold to a friend to fund part of the macbook.

they still havent sorted the website (UK education one anyway) so the "free engraving" is still not free!!!!! still cant order!
 

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
5,124
2
North Carolina
deepy said:
the iPod after rebate is going to be sold to a friend to fund part of the macbook.

they still havent sorted the website (UK education one anyway) so the "free engraving" is still not free!!!!! still cant order!
Why don't you call them and see if they can handle it over the phone?
 

deepy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
wordmunger said:
Why don't you call them and see if they can handle it over the phone?
i'm actually scared they'll get the engraving wrong :|