Ok, OCZ I'd like another SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GermanyChris, Jul 6, 2011.

1. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I had issues about about a month ago with my vertex 2 (slow boots, OS, disappearing, and tons of heat). While in email correspondence with OCZ nice folks once you get past all the canned stuff they have to tell you. I got it working again and told them I'd keep the drive.

Same stuff this evening pulled it booted into the platter and continued on.

I think I want a new one at this point. I think I'd prefer the made for Mac drive. What do you guys/gals know/think

http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-vertex-series-mac-edition-sata-ii-2-5-ssd-eol.html

Chris

2. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Personally, I'm happy with the Intel 320 drive (160GB) I'm using. The Intel parts seem to be reliable and even in SATA 2 they are awfully quick.

If it's fast and doesn't work, well, then it doesn't work.

3. GermanyChris thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

No kidding...Thats why I just asked for the mac version, it's slower but it looks like it's built around their enterprise drives. I was hoping someone had one.

4. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

I was going to go with the 15" MBP with the stock SSD, but then thought I'd be better off with the 13" and $1K in my pocket. Other than the glossy screen (hate it) I am happy with the decision.

Gee, I forget who Apple OEMs from, but everything I've read is that they are quick and reliable as well.

5. GermanyChris thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

The OCZ Vertex Series Mac Edition is the result of the latest breakthroughs in SSD technology. The Mac Edition delivers the incredible performance enthusiasts have come to expect from OCZ’s premium Solid State Drive offerings with the peace of mind knowing they are tested in Apple’s own labs. Additionally, the drives feature speeds up to blazing 240MB/s sequential read and 170MB/s sequential write and 64MB onboard cache, while delivering extended battery life, increased system responsiveness, and superior durability compared to conventional hard drives.

Thats what sells me, and really I like tho OCZ folks, they are responsive in the forums they host and are quick to correspond..I like the Apple folks I just wish they would respond in their forums

6. lindstedt56 macrumors regular

The most reliable drives I know of are the intel 320, and samsung 470.