Ok,Ok,Ok 17" Unibody MBP In Apple Stores??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stevieapollo, Feb 13, 2009.

1. stevieapollo macrumors member

So Im hoping that by the 24th we will see the new mbp in apple stores. I have a little bit of a gut feeling that we might be seeing them as soon as the 17th. does anyone share my thoughts?

Also what are the chances that we will see the 2.93ghz processors in stores as well as the 2.66ghz. There is no way im going to order one from the apple online store. i hate dealing with the wait. im to inpatient for that:eek:

*apollo*

2. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

I hope we start seeing them in stores. I'd like to actually USE the $3000 product I'm about to buy. Knowing Apple, they will probably have at least one 2.66 and 2.93 on display. Maybe one with matte and one with glossy finish?

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

They'll satisfy the back log of pre orders waiting for it, people who ordered it since Macworld before putting it in stores, Apple always does this, for legal reasons too, so its likely they'll be in stores on the 24th earliest.

Only the glossy version will be in the stores.

4. volcom883 macrumors regular

volcom883

i have called the apple store london, i was told that they would not sell any configurate machines.. i wanted a faster hd but i think can live with the 5400rpm. but come on, they will surely have the matte ones in right?

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Usually they dont.

6. zoogme macrumors newbie

i want to see the matte screen (50 bucks lame)with all the lighting in the store. Gloss looks like poop in the store, i.e florescent lights, filthy, oily finger prints all over the place!

7. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

They do in Regent's Street and Kingston. They have the matte and glossy versions of the old 17" MBP on display and for sale. I would have thought it would be the same in every store, at least in the UK, being that's how it is in the England flagship store.

Though what with Apple's obsession with all things shiny and reflective, I wouldn't be suprised if they decided not to display the matte version out of spite...

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Maybe they will display the new 17" MBP's along with the new setups?

9. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

I seriously think that at least Apple should send some of these 17" to the media and have them test and review the machine. I think Apple would get a lot of credit for that and I am sure more people would place the order for it after reading the review.

Or perhaps Apple fear of getting bad reviews???

Anyway I am getting sick of this 10" EEE PC now... I need some real computer to use!!

10. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

11. miguelito macrumors member

miguelito

12. detz macrumors 65816

They wont appear until the starting getting in the pre-order hands. All the people who pre-ordered would be pissed if people would didn't order could just walk into a store and buy one before they got theirs.

13. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I agree, however they're going to perform just like the 15" versions except about 10 - 15% faster, not only does the CPU and RAM speed bump give a little extra speed, but also the extra space and size allows for much better cooling resulting in higher CPU clock speeds and overall faster machines. Everything else, graphics etc will be the same.

I really want to see how the batteries REALLY perform though, lets see 8 hours in action!

14. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

The 17" has traditionally had its GPU clocked higher, even if it's the same model as on the 15". Be interesting to see if they do it again.

15. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

the apple store usually only has the base models (ie the boxes that you see when u select a product on the apple website.)

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Was in the Apple Store in San Francisco this week and still NO MBP 17" unibody to be found...:(

17. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Would be worth someone checking in on the Regent's Street store if they are heading that way today.;)

18. Crank7Nine macrumors newbie

my apple reseller told me a few minutes ago that the 17" mbp isn't available before feb 25th in official stores!

19. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Cheers, there's a premium reseller near work from me that I will ask about their availability too. Just wondered on the off-chance that there is a member strolling into the Regent's St store today to report back, now that a small amount of orders are starting to trickle through.

I don't mind waiting, I want to see the matte version in person before I make a decision on whether to buy or not.