Ok Say It's 2 Months After Tiger Has Been Released

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
I don't see why tiger would present any reason to suddenly go grab AV. Macs haven't needed AV.... well ever. There have been 3 OS updates before tiger, none of which brought anything but MORE stability. Just think of tiger as panther with LOADS of new features and optimizations.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
If anytghing..Tiger is just an increase in stabilty/protection against viruses... I really doubt that an operating system upgrade would make us weaker against virii.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Tuned MP5T said:
Does anyone think that we would need anti-virus? Or would you continue to run without any AV?
Drugs are bad! :p

Nah, you and me aren't going to need any anti-virus software....

crees!

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Tuned MP5T said:
Does anyone think that we would need anti-virus? Or would you continue to run without any AV?
This should be the "20 minutes after I update to the latest Microsoft patch, do I need to worry about viruses" thread.

stoid

macrumors 601
The biggest reason that I don't bother with Mac AV at this point is because in the most unlikely circumstance that Mac OS X would be vulnerable to some harm out in the wild, it would be something totally new, and therefore, outside any definitions that Symantec or Norton can provide. So any AV product on the market would fail to recognize the virus, and be useless.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
stoid said:
The biggest reason that I don't bother with Mac AV at this point is because in the most unlikely circumstance that Mac OS X would be vulnerable to some harm out in the wild, it would be something totally new, and therefore, outside any definitions that Symantec or Norton can provide. So any AV product on the market would fail to recognize the virus, and be useless.
Yes they would not be that quick in response to be able to take down the virus. ;)

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
vouder17 said:
If anytghing..Tiger is just an increase in stabilty/protection against viruses... I really doubt that an operating system upgrade would make us weaker against virii.
"virii"...umm...I'm obviously not as intelligent as I thought I was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.