Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonbauer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
...they need to add the ability to use KEYWORDS so that you can tag a folder or a photo with a keyword and then search for it on your iDevices!

I sort of have a workaround today - as my folders are already named with a major keyword that I'd want to search for, but of course, that's pretty limited.

What y'all think?

- Jon

irishv

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
Yes, absolutely. If Apple is dropping iPhoto and Aperture for the new Photos app and doesn't include keywords/tags along with captions or headlines, I'll have to move to Lightroom. Searching for pictures by time or location is great, but only one small piece.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Yes, absolutely. If Apple is dropping iPhoto and Aperture for the new Photos app and doesn't include keywords/tags along with captions or headlines, I'll have to move to Lightroom. Searching for pictures by time or location is great, but only one small piece.

They won't drop Aperture. Maybe iPhoto but not Aperture.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Same with face tagging. They drop that and I will kill someone, with a custom crafted aluminium spork with diamond champhered edges

iDento

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
iCloud Servers
This

Same with face tagging. They drop that and I will kill someone, with a custom crafted aluminium spork with diamond champhered edges

I spent weeks tagging all people faces on iPhoto when I grabbed my first MacBook 5 years ago and it was really cool and useful, not to mention how beautiful it is on Apple TV and pre iOS 7 iPad photos app.

I think I will kill someone with a mass destruction super weapon.

jonbauer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Hate to break it to y'all, but it looks like the Face and Event stuff that everyone worked on in iPhoto is no longer being used in the Photo app on iOS 8, at least I don't see it in Beta # 1...

- Jon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.