Ok, searching in photos is a BIG step in the right direction, BUT...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jonbauer, Jun 3, 2014.

1. jonbauer macrumors member

...they need to add the ability to use KEYWORDS so that you can tag a folder or a photo with a keyword and then search for it on your iDevices!

I sort of have a workaround today - as my folders are already named with a major keyword that I'd want to search for, but of course, that's pretty limited.

What y'all think?

- Jon

2. irishv macrumors regular

Yes, absolutely. If Apple is dropping iPhoto and Aperture for the new Photos app and doesn't include keywords/tags along with captions or headlines, I'll have to move to Lightroom. Searching for pictures by time or location is great, but only one small piece.

3. 0000757 macrumors 68040

They won't drop Aperture. Maybe iPhoto but not Aperture.

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Same with face tagging. They drop that and I will kill someone, with a custom crafted aluminium spork with diamond champhered edges

5. iDento macrumors 6502

iDento

This

I spent weeks tagging all people faces on iPhoto when I grabbed my first MacBook 5 years ago and it was really cool and useful, not to mention how beautiful it is on Apple TV and pre iOS 7 iPad photos app.

I think I will kill someone with a mass destruction super weapon.

6. jonbauer thread starter macrumors member

Hate to break it to y'all, but it looks like the Face and Event stuff that everyone worked on in iPhoto is no longer being used in the Photo app on iOS 8, at least I don't see it in Beta # 1...

- Jon

7. Guacho macrumors newbie

agree, I don't see that happening..