ok seriously, what is up with text input?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by sentinelsx, Jul 23, 2013.

1. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

So I am replying to posts on my shiny gs4 for a while now.

Before I ignorantly blame this on "android sucks rah rah rah", couple of points: it is running ge rom, this is about my experience on mobile macrumors, and I use aosp browser. Now we can see if this is an isolated issue. Also i am using google keyboard which sucks so far.

Couple of historic points: I have had this happen on a gs3 and captivate before (months ago).

Basically, adding text to a text input field (especially if quoted) is being hell. I will tap the field, then keyboard appears, then the cursor is where? It is some where way off into the middle of the quote, or jumps randomly while typing.

Then I make a typo which is not corrected and I move back, type the correction, only to see it overrriden three times by the keyboard by the wrong text i input earlier .

And it has already jumped to the top of page may be 10-15 times while writing this.

What gives? What is wrong here? Is macrumors simply not good with mobile browsers or is something else amiss?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Hahahaha, I get that ALL the time on any browser, and not just on mobile. You should try the Tapatalk Community Beta. You'll love it. :D

3. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

Happens all the time on my Nexus 4. Happens on MacRumors, Engadget, and just about anywhere on all the different browsers I have tried, but is worst on Chrome.

Tapatalk helps. But the Engadget comment section can't be used with it, so it is quite pointless in that regard. Tapatalk only helps for forums that support it, and is not a solution to this problem.

I know I will probably get flamed for this, but it never happened on my iPad or iPhone in Safari or Chrome.

4. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

I don't have that problem on MacRumors' mobile site. When I try to input text on desktop websites (XDA etc.) I do get those problems like the jumping around.