Ok Seriously, why does mail always Crash and airport????

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Scalfani, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Scalfani macrumors member

Is anyone else having issues with Mail? This is really starting to be irritating with leopard. Mail crashes at least 3 times a day for me, and it locks up if I try to quit mail. Anyone else experience this? I'm not going to even mention how many times Safari crashes...

And why the heck doesn't Leopard remember my preferred router??? I always check the option but yet have to re-enter the info every time my mac wakes up from sleep.

<----- missing stability of Tiger.

Sorry If it sounds like I am complaining too much, overall I am a very happy customer. I'm just trying to get your experiences.

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I haven't experienced any of that. Make sure you don't have any hacks installed. If it keeps up, reinstall. This time choosing Archive and Install. Try deleting and then reenabling the router settings and running permission repair first though. Then use the combo update for 10.5.1, downloaded manually from Apple's site. If that doesn't work, a reinstall may be your only choice.

3. britpop macrumors member

My Mail hasn't crashed once in 4 weeks of having it.
    (OSX 10.5.1 with 4 mail accounts)

4. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

if you have parallels installed it could be related to that. i had the same problem in tiger and it was parallels' fault. let me know if you do and i'll point you in the direction of a fix.

5. moloukhya macrumors member

Mail has been ridiculously unstable for me too. I found it unacceptable and am ironically using Entourage in place of it. Mail crashed most when adding to-do's and things related to the new features, not sure if my imap Gmail was causing it as well.

6. twig macrumors member

I've had Mail lock up a couple of times. My university uses gmail, and while I use mail as my regular email program, if I want to get to my calendar I have to login to gmail in a browser first, then go to the calendar. The only times Mail has locked up has been when I was also logged into the same gmail account in Firefox. This doesn't always cause Mail to lock up, but when Mail it does, Mail appears functional (can view different mailboxes), but will no longer check for new messages. I can close the Mail window, but cannot actually quit Mail without using a force quit. Mildly irritating, but not a major issue for me.

7. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Better in Leopard for me...

Actually I used to reinstall Tiger on a regular basis just because of Mail, till I gave up and moved to ThunderBird... When I got my iPhone I went back to Mail; with all its issues... but in Leopard Mail has been a dream... since reinstalling, I mean the OS not the application, used to work for me; I suggest it for you.

Leopard looses connection to the internet when it sleeps here; wish I could fix that.

8. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I don't use leopard but for the first 2 weeks that leopard was out when I played with it in the apple store all the computer images' mail programs were ALWAYS crashing (and you had to force-quit to just exit the program). However, I haven't had that problem the last couple times I've been there.

9. benny105 macrumors newbie

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

First of all, I think your S key is stuck. ;) But try backing up your bookmarks, then deleting the prefs. If you don't have any third party hacks, it should work fine. If still not, try FireFox. Or trying it from another account.

11. thestaton macrumors 6502

I'm using mail as well and so far this morning it has already crashed 5 times.

no addons.

gmail - imap.
    .mac - imap.

12. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

I've been using Thunderbird ever since I bought my first Mac 2 years ago, but decided to try out mail with my .Mac account a few days ago.... too many problems with it. I wrote a long email yesterday when Mail decided to freeze and I didn't save any draft copy.

I re-wrote it, sent it and it appeared to do absolutely nothing, no evidence that its actually sent and its not in the 'Sent' folder... again just vanished and then started throwing up errors and claiming it was in 'offline mode':

Some actions could not be taken while the account "<email>" was offline could not be completed at this time.
    'Operation could not be completed. (MFMessageErrorDomain error 1028.)'

I'm going to re-write my long email once again and stick with Thunderbird until 10.5.2 and try it again, so far its doing a better job with my .Mac account than Mail is. :(

13. thestaton macrumors 6502

I installed thunderbird today and so far so good. Mail is just to unstable at the moment.

14. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I had issues with Tiger where I had to reinstall the OS to get Mail to work; but no issues with Leopard.

15. benny105 macrumors newbie

how do u back up your bookmarks so i can delete the prefrences in that **** browser lol

16. soms macrumors 6502

soms

I've had 3 crashes in the past 2 days with Mail. Never had issues before since I got it.:(

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

With Safari - File, Export, then Import. Though as long as you don't delete the Safari folder in your Library, you should be fine. With Firefox - Bookmarks, Organize, File, Export, then do the same to Import. Also, make sure you don't have any hacks, check you Library Folder, then try to delete the Prefs, maybe run Onyx, run all the permission repairs and everything, and see if that helps.

18. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

I have Tiger on an Alu iMac 20" and Mail keeps crashing on me as does MS Word - hope Apple issue an update that fixes this soon.