ok so craigslist is selling vouchers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by epi117, Mar 17, 2011.

1. epi117 macrumors 6502

ad in portland

"Guaranteed purchase between the hours of 9 am to closing! I have an ipad2 voucher for the black 32 gb wifi model! Walk right in the store hand over your voucher and bam the iPad is yours! No waiting in line! Text me and make me your best offer! 503-467-9426 Washington square mall location and bridge port location. I have two vouchers available"

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

scam

Apple is not handing out vouchers, its First-Come First-Served.

3. jenlevin, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

jenlevin macrumors regular

tickets hold your specific model while you wait in line @ apple. if apple still has some in stock after the morning rush im SURE they sell them. somebody changed their mind on buying one, the end. they're not reservations, let alone paid reservations. just spots in line.

/edit - also, had a friend in line a couple days ago who had a voucher for the model he wanted but when it was his turn, they said there was a mistake with the ticket and it was out of stock. so..

4. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

Not necessarily true. I was the first one at my local apple store at 6am yesterday and the manager felt bad for me standing out there that he gave me a voucher ticket good for the one I specified that was available. It would be valid from the time the store opened till it closed.

5. mrsskorn macrumors newbie

Not a Scam

Apparently that's how get them here in Portland. Showed up today at 8:30 and the people who had been there at 5 or 6 am were gone with their tickets in hand.

6. iTouch macrumors 6502

I noticed that every store I went to handed out the vouchers in the morning. Of course I didn't get one or the elusive white iPad. Maybe we can send that one guy who wanted to beat someone up for the iPad to get the voucher.

7. Mikee.Nu macrumors member

Mikee.Nu

Not a scam. That's how I scored my 32gb Verizon. Paid 40 for the voucher. Well worth it for me.

8. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I stand corrected and was unaware of this procedure.

I remember Apple handing out vouchers for the launch, and even then the voucher didn't guarantee you an iPad if you were towards the end of the line, glad to see Apple is making progress to make sure that someone doesn't have to continue to stand in line day after day to just end up empty handed.