Ok so I will have the new ipad soon

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by james714x, Sep 18, 2012.

1. james714x, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

james714x macrumors member

I will have the new ipad soon (the ipad 3) and I have few questions which I think need to be addressed.

Sure I love the retina display but...

1. Does the Ipad restrict you? According to my younger brother who owns an ipod touch before and a galaxy tab 7.7 now, apple seems to rely on computers with iTunes so much. It won't let me play with android users and I would have to find the app again in the app store in case I decided to cancel the downloading app. Are those true?

Then, how should I deal with it?

2. He also said I users won't be able to edit or delete music in the ipad unless you plug it in your computer and have the itunes do the job for you.

3. Also, when playing loaded youtube videos(the gray one which let's you know if you can already play the vid), he said that sometimes you have to let youtube load again if you want to replay the vid.

4. I'm worrying about viruses, will the ipad have those easily? Is it necessary to have an apple computer when you have an apple device?

5. Since I will get the cellular version, does it work like a phone where you can dial your friend's number and call immediately just like how my brother call with his galaxy tab 7.7? I heard about VOIP calls but what is that exactly? How does it differ?

6. The Ipad won't support flash right? I'm sure flash is important. But how important is it really? I heard of androids having ad blocker. Why don't we have those?
    Thanks

2. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

I would wait for some more posters to help you even further.

3. james714x, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

james714x thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks for that, plus one for you.

another additional question, I heard ipad3 has different screen manufacturers. which one is the best? And how can you determine the screen manufacturer of your ipad?

Aside from screen manufacturer difference, what else difference do you know?

answers are in bold