Ok so is Ghost Armor on the iPhone 5 any good?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tymaster50, Oct 9, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I don't want to shell out $50 for full body armor that sucks. I also know the bottom of the phone will be very tricky, with the audio related stuff being there. But does anyone have an idea on how it looks in person or heard anything about it?

----------

im talking about the colored one, I had it on my 4, my 4 was white and I had a black carbon fiber back and a gray front/sides.

2. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

3. willmtaylor, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Try searching for Ghost armor; several threads have mentioned it before.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Anything covering the edges of the iPhone will start to peel and look bad over time. If you want to protect the edge use a bumper or case that covers it. :cool:

5. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

im looking for the colored one, to give my iphone more personality. I don't want clear edges and stuff, that would be useless.

6. SR71 macrumors 68000

$50? Who told you it was that much? I ordered mine online with a coupon code last week and had it at my house for $20 shipped. That was for the front, back, and sides. I then brought it to a Ghost armor kiosk at the mall and had them install it since I didn't want to screw it up. So far, so good.

7. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

when I got it for my 4 a few months ago, like around may, it was $50 for the full body, warranty, and install.

8. Bbafett macrumors regular

I paid about $30 for my full body including installation on mine. Looks great. However, I put mine in an otterbox defender about a week later and the plastic in the otterbox put indentions in my ghost armor. I have since taken the phone out of the case as I didn't care for it too much and will get a replacement protector from ghost armor.

I like my Ghost Armor a lot.

9. vcao macrumors regular

I have a wrapsol ultra for my 5 and its really nice and is a dry apply (using a little water actually can help)

10. SR71 macrumors 68000

Hmm, odd. That's a steep price for a few pieces of plasticy film.

11. imeth macrumors regular

I hate cases with a passion.. it hides the sexiness of the iphones... so every iphone model I get them done.. My only downfall to them are the installers at the kiosk malls, I tell these losers every damn time to chill with spraying too much water. Today I told the fat dude off.. he was all cocky like he knew what he was doing... yet he sprayed like 10 times the amount of water to apply the back protector than use the smudge thing to wipe off the water and I can see the water getting into the bottom speaker holes.. That fat ugly punk err, glad it was free... but damn chill with getting my girl wet.

12. jackal812 macrumors newbie

I like it

I just got the carbon fiber gun metal armor for the Iphone 5 and it looks great and I'm impressed with it. The only thing that I didnt care for was the fact that there was no instructions for putting on the screen cover. They stated that was supposed to be in the box( not a big deal). Anyways self installation was easy and I only paid 24$ not bad. It gives you protection without being huge and bulky like cases which take away from the Iphone 5 sleekness.

13. DEG1 macrumors member

Very happy with GA

No problems at all. The material they put on the sides has proven really durable - in/out of case, really tight sleeves, etc. Mine cost $40 at the local mall installed. Much better than the Zagg stuff and their massive orange peel finish.