Ok so now a touch panel...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hannahwildcat, Oct 2, 2010.

1. hannahwildcat macrumors newbie

So thanks to all your advice, I had decided on the 27" i7. But now the rumors of the touch panel patents sow up. Should i wait until 2011 for the touch pannel? I suppose i could survive on the old mbp i have now.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Touchscreen panels aren't guaranteed for 2011, you know. Whether you wait or not is up to you- do you want to have a 27" touchscreen computer?

3. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Just keep the 27" you'll enjoy it! And if/when the touch panel imacs come out you can sell your 27" and recoup some cash for one of those! :)

4. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Touchscreens on a desktop monitor/computer doesn't make ANY sense at all.

Everyone saying that this is the next big thing should try holding up his arms for 8 hours (a standard working day).
    Even 5 minutes is more than uncomfortable.

Just sayin...

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

+1 Thats why the HP touchscreen desktops that have been out for years never sell. Ever...

Granted, Apple's patent (although not new its been shown a while back) shows a swiveling arm, still I would not want a touch screen desktop. It may be something nice for some users or attractive to people with kids or something but I'll be surprised if Apple actually releases it.