Ok so...Should i buy a MBP now? Or wait?

water100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
1
0
I have a 2007 macbook, and looking to upgrade sometime soon

I know macrumors says to upgrade now (retina at least)but I'd like to read your guy's input

I really just need it for school/surf the web, and plan on keeping it for a long while

Is there going to be a huge significance when they come out with the broadwell chip?
 

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
2,285
53
Nah
Get it now
There would be barely a difference
And any computer around now is good for your uses
I have Mid-2009 MacBook Pro, it just has 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, and it is fine today for what I do. For your uses a Mac or even any computer would last a long time.
If you want to wait then you could also want to wait for the next one after that, and you'd never get anything.
 

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
12,318
7,798
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I have a 2007 macbook, and looking to upgrade sometime soon

I know macrumors says to upgrade now (retina at least)but I'd like to read your guy's input

I really just need it for school/surf the web, and plan on keeping it for a long while

Is there going to be a huge significance when they come out with the broadwell chip?
From reading on here, their is a chance of a fairly significant boost in the dedicated GPU, possible. But then that's if Apple still uses one and if you want a 15" laptop?
 

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2011
2,664
654
i am also in the process of buying a MBP. so guyz can you tell me should i wait for the black friday?
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.