OK so who got an iphone for Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grolsch30, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Grolsch30 macrumors member

Hi,

Just interested to know if anyone had the good fortune to receive an iphone for Christmas.

If so would you keep it and sign on to a 18/24 month contract?

Would you give it back anyway and wait until MacWorld 2008 to see if Apple will bring a newer and better version out in the first quarter of the neww year?

Merry Christmas to all :apple:

2. chrisblore macrumors regular

I did and I'm keeping it :p

Opening it this afternoon after lunch and signing up to an 18 month contract with O2. As with most things technology-related, I don't see the point in waiting because there will always be something newer and better just around the corner. If you continue with that attitude, you'd never buy anything!

3. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!, Unlocked in Australia

4. Otaviano macrumors 6502a

Otaviano

I got myself one. Hacked it right away, it was simple and straight forward. Plus it can easily restored.

5. dubis07 macrumors member

Technically I got mine a week and a half ago...its an early christmas present, though, and I'm keeping it!

6. ChrisSamsa macrumors member

I gave my mom one.. and she loves it.. though she'd be clueless about it if I didn't teach her all about it.

7. mfermier macrumors newbie

Hesitating

I'm in your same shoes, i just got on from under the tree. With Macworld so close, I think I'm going to return mine, and wait to see what happens at Macworld.

8. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

I was actually lucky enough to get two! And I had to do a damn good job pretending like the second one was my first and only!

9. sublicon macrumors member

10. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I think Santa actually left my iPhone at your house (sorry, I couldn't resist). Enjoy your iPhones and Merry Christmas to all!

11. PuppyLuv macrumors member

12. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I did and I set it up right away. No need to wait. if something else comes out and its better than I will want that but no reason to keep myself from having at it now. I am still on the fence if it is going to replace my treo completely but so far its a winner.

Merry christmas everyone!!!

13. Moening macrumors newbie

I got one and oh Im loving it!
    If been looking forward to this since macworld, it was worth every second.

Of course this is wriitten in landscape^^

Happy holidays from germany

14. LWB macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I got one and I'm definitely keeping it. I was already an AT&T customer so it wasn't that big of a deal to activate it.

15. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

same here with at&t. a few seconds and I watched my treo 680 lose its signal.

16. BigSkam macrumors newbie

I'm waiting to go to my relatives house to pick up the iphone they bought me for Christmas. Debating if I should hack it or not. I know the 3G version is dropping in 08, but i really couldn't wait..

17. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I am on the fence of hacking it yet. Heck I have an :apple:TV that I havent hacked yet either. But I did download iToner and added a few ringtones already.

18. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

I got mine! I LOVE IT!!!! I worked about three weeks to get all the album artwork so cover flow would look nice. I'm putting Pirates Of Silicone Valley on mine right now. [​IMG]

19. gutterflowerjc macrumors member

I got one

I got a phone for Christmas my mom got of wrapped up in the apple signature wrapping paper.

20. dwigtshrute macrumors newbie

I got one, too (thanks Dad). I feel so cool and all. Yeah, I did sell my soul to AT$T for 2 years though. I'm very unhappy about that, didn't want to risk hacking it though, but so far so good.

21. thesheephair macrumors member

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

why on earth was the picture nesseccary especially of you !!!!! :confused::confused::rolleyes:

anyways got mine a month ago so meh, lol

22. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

welcome to the iphone world. Hope you all love it as much as me. Happy Xmas !!!!

23. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Meh. Don't be so hard on him, he's excited, like my dog! In fact, I'd post a pic of me and my iPod touch but i don't have a camera.

24. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

well I am not one of the lucky ones that got an iphone for xmas...
    I guess I'd rather have the touch to tell the truth but the iphone sure is sexy.

25. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

are you saying I'm horribly ugly or something? I just thought I'd post a picture of my iPhone jeeeze.