Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
It doesn't seem with the release of the Windows version of the Kindle app and the iPhone version that the OSX version should be taking this long. What's up?

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
It doesn't seem with the release of the Windows version of the Kindle app and the iPhone version that the OSX version should be taking this long. What's up?

Wonder why they'd drag their feet... :rolleyes:
More interesting question - if the iPad gets iBook - does iTunes get ibook capability for non iPad/iPhone Macs?

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Wonder why they'd drag their feet... :rolleyes:
More interesting question - if the iPad gets iBook - does iTunes get ibook capability for non iPad/iPhone Macs?

I doubt it. Most likely the ebooks will only be readable on the iPad - it’s a separate App.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Maybe they were waiting to see what OS the iPad was going to run, and then go from there? They're probably redesigning the iPhone app into an iPad version, and I'd imagine that the desktop application might be put on the back burner for a little while until they're done. I really do hope it comes out soon though, I've really been looking forward to it! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.