OK Stupid Question about my 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArkieBiker, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ArkieBiker macrumors regular

ArkieBiker

OK...here's a question I haven't seen on here (I'm sure it's here...just haven't seen it).

I'm waiting on my iPhone 7 Plus (ordered on September 9 at 03:11am)...and my wife is gonna get my handme down 2 years old iPhone 6 Plus. So my question is this...

Is there any value to to replacing the battery now (even though it appears to be working fine)...or are there any other restoration things I can do to bring the iPhone 6 Plus to tip top condition?

2. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

If the battery is fine, keep going, for restoration, if the phone still look clear, clean it a bit more?... and do a fresh install with fresh setup..

3. ohms12 macrumors 6502

ohms12

Unless your battery is currently horrific, I wouldn't bother. A clean install should do the trick, though. If not - the battery replacement process is fairly painless to do yourself!

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

download this app for free. If it shows your battery is border of going bad or going bad take it to the Apple Store. The genius replaced my phone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battery-life-check-internal/id1080930585?mt=8

5. sahilpatel12, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

But In your case since its your wife I would first let her try it with fresh restore and see how she's goes for an week. Works fine, no dying. Then nothing to worry, if something happen then would go ahead and replace the battery by diy.

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Thanks for this. My 2 year old launch day 6+ is only at 7% wear level (anotherwords 93%). Pretty amazing considering I use this phone all day every day and charge it every night. This was the best battery life I've ever had with a mobile device. Very excited to see how my new 7+ batterlife goes.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Wow. Mine was completely jacked up. It was over 40% wear.

8. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Especially since once I purchased the Plus, I rarely used my iPad Air anymore (although I'm using it right now Lol).