Ok, this is the craziest think I've ever seen!

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Holy crap! I'v seen that video before but didn't bother watching till the end. That line is F*****G long!

BTW, I'v been to the Apple store in Ginza (Thankfully not on opening day :p) and it's by far the nicest Apple store I'v ever been to. Not even the flagship stores can be compared to that store in Ginza.

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
I watched it on FFWD (more interesting that way). But why did the guy line up after seeing how long it was!?!?

Am I crazy? I would have come back the next day or week.

wwooden

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I saw it at the time that store was open and my jaw dropped then and it still amazes me. I would have definitely come back the next day if I was not in the first straight line down the street.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
I think it goes to show how tech hungry japanese people are. They have the best tech in the world and are still craving more.

Keep it coming japan, I want that robot that cleans the house and does dishes. :)

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
That's amazing. Thought it was interesting how it was raining on the back end of the line but not on the front :)
No way I'd EVER line up to go into a store where I have to PAY to get products. Forget it. Not even if the line was a few minutes. If there was free stuff to be had, however..... :D

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Holy crap that's a long queue! Crazy people. I went to the Regent Street store in London the day after opening and got straight in :rolleyes:

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
LOL that is one long line. Wonder how will it look with domino efect when the first person in line falls over :D I guess that people that are into technology know what is best :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that its amazing, just goes to show the loyalty of the Japanese toward Apple. After all that was the first Apple Store in Japan.

beerpara

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2005
Saitama, Japan
I was there!

My friend and I, who are both diehard apple fans and live in Japan, went along to the opening of the first Apple store in Ginza. It was early, and rainy, but we knew the three-hour wait would be worth it when we got our free t-shirts for the first 4000 or so customers.

It was such a pity that the shirts that Apple supplied only came in one size - medium. Nowhere near big enough for either my friend and I. :(

I ended up giving it to my girlfriend. She was inpressed that I had lined up 3 hours for 'her' present. :D

Xanderxxx

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2005
beerpara said:
My friend and I, who are both diehard apple fans and live in Japan, went along to the opening of the first Apple store in Ginza. It was early, and rainy, but we knew the three-hour wait would be worth it when we got our free t-shirts for the first 4000 or so customers.

It was such a pity that the shirts that Apple supplied only came in one size - medium. Nowhere near big enough for either my friend and I. :(

I ended up giving it to my girlfriend. She was inpressed that I had lined up 3 hours for 'her' present. :D
Did you buy anything? :eek:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
talk about rubberneckin'
That is crazy, i was impatient waiting on the line for the tiger premiere and i was waiting for only 40 mins :eek:
Maybe one day i'll go to an opening (hint hint south shore plaza, in hopefully be September, i wonder what i'll tell my teachers.... :p

beerpara said:
Did you see see yourself in the video? :p

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
I'm sorry but sometime is out of place to me. While watching it i noticed something that caught my eye.Some cars in the bacground for some reason change completetly in one frame.

One Frame Later (IE the next one)

Sorry but its just something that caught my attention. It might just be that he cut it for a second for some weird reason.... iono

Amazin video BTW :eek:

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
wdlove said:
I think that its amazing, just goes to show the loyalty of the Japanese toward Apple. After all that was the first Apple Store in Japan.
I believe it was Apple's first international store for that matter too.

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
Phat_Pat said:
I'm sorry but sometime is out of place to me. While watching it i noticed something that caught my eye.Some cars in the bacground for some reason change completetly in one frame.

I think its such a long video it was knocked down to like 10 frames per second in compression so that would take out some moving cars.