ok this might seem wierd...drool on trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BII, Aug 21, 2008.

1. BII macrumors member

so i feel asleep and got some drool on my trackpad of my macbook pro. i know gross. some seeped into where the trackpad button goes down, but i was able to suck it out with a vacuum and a dry cloth. it works fine, using it now.

should i worry about it malfunctioning or should i be fine? i looked at it, and it seems like there's nothing in between, its trackpad button, then the battery compartment, so i think at worst the button might get sticky, but i don't see any electronics that might have been damaged. i hope.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

There's no way to be certain, but it's a good sign that it still works after you cleaned up. Hopefully, that keeps up.

3. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

It should be fine. This post made me laugh though. Drool on a MBP, classic. :D

4. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Almost...

This one is almost as good as the guy asking about how to clean up his MBP after him and his girlfriend had "intimate time" and ... well ... the MBP got a little ... wet.

Yeah, that one tops the hat.

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

So what position did you fall asleep in? :eek:

Chin on the edge of the MBP… Head hanging over the keyboard… Cheek on keyboard…

Curious.

:p

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

7. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

Lol, wow that does top it. The things we put our MBP go through, its a shame really.

8. BrownPlopz macrumors regular

You should be fine. I've gotten MUCH worse things on my MBP... Unspeakable things... Shameful things... :p Anyway, the point is, you'll be fine. ;)