OK time to buy iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macbook123, Dec 27, 2015.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

Just wondering, haven't seen any rumors of impending Air 3...

No good deals out there on the 2 though, unfortunately...

2. BallparkDreamer macrumors regular

Best Buy is selling iPad Air 2 for $125 off

3. crusher372 macrumors member

Just picked up one from Bestbuy. The discount was too good to pass up.

4. Fthree macrumors 6502a

in my opinion i think now is a great time to pick up an Air 2. I believe the Air 2 is the best update product that apple has ever made.

5. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

I got a reburb on Amazon and saved myself $140, plus $45 in tax. Not a scratch on it, came in the original retail box with new 10 watt charging adapter and lightening cable. Sweet deal for me! :)

6. username: macrumors 6502a

Just make sure you get 64 or 128GB as you will love it so much you want to use it all the time and 16GB goes so quickly.

7. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

I agree, avoid the 16 GB model..

8. kapp2 macrumors 6502

kapp2

I also bought an Air 2 too, almost a month ago now. really like it :D almost same price as mini 4.

9. Unami, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015

Unami macrumors 6502a

there are rumors that it will come out in march, alongside the new small iphone (5c successor) and a new watch.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/12/15/ipad-air-3-first-half-2016-no-3d-touch/

i'd wait until at least february, to see if there's something to these rumors - i think, it's pretty likely that we'll see a new ipad rather sooner than later. it just wasn't ready to launch with the ipad pro and air 4.

10. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I just returned my mini 4 yesterday and got an Air 2; took advantage of the great BB sale. Coming from an air 1, this thing feels much lighter and more comfortable; and having spent over 2 weeks with the mini, this thing feels huge lol. I think if you can get a good deal on it, like the BB one, it is a great deal, and will last a good long while. It is plenty fast and powerful, and will be capable for years to come. I'm loving mine, and I don't care if an air 3 is released.

11. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

I would wait frankly. If the Air 3 comes out in March then you have a choice. But even if it comes out the Air 2 will still be discounted as much as it is today so you're not losing anything by waiting 3 months or so.

12. Fthree macrumors 6502a

without the force touch (of course thats a rumor) whats the point? (NOT that force touch is worth an upgrade in and of itself) maybe an unneeded update to Ram? the Air 2 is basically apples unicorn product, they outdid themselves on it.

BUY the air 2, you don't seem to get sucked into what is new and shiny

13. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

totally agree. The air 2 is basically the iPad 2 all over again. I think this will be the one that will be around for years to come. i wouldn't call anything in this day and age "future proof", but the air 2 will last quite awhile

14. Fthree macrumors 6502a

Im with you, of course overtime ram and internals will need to be changed to support the times current tech but tech doesn't seem to be evolving at a rat that has or will make even the "outdated" the Air 2 obselete anytime soon. IMO

I could be considered a "apple fanboy" i guess as i love all things apple (esp the new stuff) I bought the IPP/Smart cover/Pencil and played around with it for a bit. It was nice but then i started thinking "is this thing really $1500 nice?" I took it back. While i am sure that some will find it extremely useful i however needed to do a reality check and see if my air 2 was indeed worth putting on the bookstand for non use.