OK to buy an iPod now?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by 12vElectronics, Sep 12, 2013.

1. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Considering there was no mention of anything iPod during Tuesday's Keynote, would it be wise to buy an iPod now? Is there a chance for a complete iPod refresh during the iPad presentation next month?

I've been wanting an iPod Nano for a while. Deciding if I should pull the trigger or wait till the iPad keynote. :confused:

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Look, the very best time (indeed, the only time) to buy an iPod is when you decide, or feel, or think, that you need one, irrespective of whether or not they may or may not be a refresh next month or some other time.....

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

disagree, the wait to know is not long...

4. 12vElectronics thread starter macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

So they will talk about new iPods at the iPad keynote? :confused:

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

maybe...maybe not
    only apple knows

6. Bear macrumors G3

Based on the fact that they changed the iPod colors Tuesday, I suspect there won't be an update for a while. But that's only a guess based on the theory that if they were about to update the iPods, they wouldn't have changed the colors.

7. mrpiii macrumors newbie

New?

I note the Buyer's Guide for iPods has gone from Don't Buy to Just Updated. Am I missing something? Adding a couple of new colors hardly seems like an update. That would be like changing the color of a MBP's keyboard and calling it an update. Maybe Apple thinks the iPod is perfect now and it doesn't need a real update. I for one would like more than 16GB in the Nano but even that would be barely an update.

Regardless I think MacRumors shouldn't consider new colors an Update. It is misleading.

8. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Yes, adding new colors WAS the update for this year. You don't really think they would add new colors and then in a few weeks, have an iPod event? In past years, new colors were announced at the iPod event, not a few weeks before.

There will be no event this year.

9. mrpiii macrumors newbie

OK, you win

Assuming you are right, that colors are the only upgrade this year, I just ordered a refurbished nano.

10. 12vElectronics thread starter macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Jackie makes a good point. I'll just buy a Nano..