OK to install Windows 7 with wireless keyboard & mouse?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dartmouth5, Jan 21, 2010.

1. dartmouth5 macrumors newbie

With the new Bootcamp 3.1 update can I install Windows 7 on a 27" iMac with the wireless keyboard and magic mouse or do I need to connect a usb keyboard and mouse?

2. rolandatweb macrumors newbie

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1899

A USB keyboard and mouse, or a built-in keyboard and trackpad.

(windows setup requires some input and that's before any wireless drivers are loaded)

3. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Well, you may be surprised and find out that your wireless will work through the install..............mine did, but as mentioned it is always a very good idea to have a usb of both handy (mouse and keyboard). One thing is that you want the procedure to continue uninterrupted.

Good luck

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I used a wireless USB keyboard and mouse and the install went fine.

5. tollivern macrumors newbie

Wireless

I'm working on a macbook pro 17" with windows 7. I just bought the wireless keyboard and cannot connect it, do I need to reinstall 7 or is there a driver download?

6. akswun macrumors regular

akswun

install the drivers from the OSX disk that came with your MBP first.... Then go to BootCamp icon on W7 by the clock and update the drivers.... There have been problems with connecting the bluetooth keyboard and mouse.... I was able to connect the keyboard but had problems connecting the magic mouse... there tends to be device search problems with W7 on the MBP.....

I don't know if theres a 'fix' for it unless you're patient enough to get them both to work... I know I wasn't .... so I opted to just use my logitech wireless usb keyboard and mouse..
    Think of it like... Big Nasty 'Microsoft' keyboard and mouse for Windows and
    Sleek Sexy Wireless keyboard and mouse for OSX

Plus I game and I can't imagine what kind of damage I would cause to my wireless apple keyboard and magic mouse....