Ok, Weird message about incompatible assessory

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macswitcha2, Apr 30, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Just 30 minutes ago I started to get a message saying, "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" and something about turning on airplane mode.

What is this crap?

I'm noticing that I cannot hear the music I play from the iPhone either....

Edit: I unplugged and plugged the ear phones and it seems to have helped getting my audio back. But occasionally the message will come back and disappear on its own. Looks like it senses something connected...but I don't have anything connected...

2. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Update

Ok, I tried to get rid of the message to no avail...I went yo an apple retail store and told them the problem and they replaced it with a new one...

I have a spanking brand new phone....

I have a love dislike relationship with Apple...I love them because they make great products and provide great costumer service. I dislike them on the basis of them seemingly being bullies in the corporate world. Apple have come across as elitists at times.

Any way, just wanted yall to know I got a new phone and this is great because my last phone was stained by my iSkin case. Now the chrome piece is squeaky clean again. The iSkin case made permanent markings on the last one.

Now its off to look for a case that actually protects my phone.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Everyone loves a happy ending.

The main reason people get this message is due to water damage or having dust and crap in the dock connector. Next time, if it happens, try cleaning the connector with a brush.