Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Every just charge your iPhone anywhere....

• Yea, all the time if its a close store but I wont go out of my way for it...

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Are you kidding, I've been driving and have even stopped at a best buy for a 5 minute charge..

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • STEALING IS WRONG, I hope you all contribute to their electric bill!!

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Meh, it's either always charged or I have a car charger...

Votes: 46 85.2%

• Total voters

The3nd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Ever had the problem your iPhone is low on battery so you just step into a random electronics store near by for a quick fix... (power that is) I often find myself just going into a store and taking off their display ipod to hook up my iPhone and usually get asked, "Can I help you"... always answer MMMM Jusstttt looking...

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
No, I have never done that. I never even thought about it until you mentioned it and still won't do it in the future. I wouldn't be in the place long enough for it to make a difference.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
If i'm in an apple store for some reason or another (usually checking something out on the internet) then I put my ipod/iPhone on charge if I know it is low but mainly just to give it enough charge to get me home listening to music.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I've never. You drink.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I'm going to go to the Apple store tomorrow and charge my MBP, buy a new Mac Pro and set it up using the 30 inch display that's already there at the store, download software updates, and also charge my iPod, but I'm also going to connect my iPod to the speakers so that everyone will hear the music I've made last night and hopefully get hired to score some short films or something and then move my way into bigger films and bigger projects and eventually be doing music for really cool indie films as well as the big screen and even do some electronic music so that DJs will use it in clubs and score some TV shows too, while still having time to create my own personal compositions at home and spend time having a regular life.

And all this thanks to weaseling a few watts of power from an Apple store.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
I'm going to go to the Apple store tomorrow and charge my MBP, buy a new Mac Pro and set it up using the 30 inch display that's already there at the store, download software updates, and also charge my iPod, but I'm also going to connect my iPod to the speakers so that everyone will hear the music I've made last night and hopefully get hired to score some short films or something and then move my way into bigger films and bigger projects and eventually be doing music for really cool indie films as well as the big screen and even do some electronic music so that DJs will use it in clubs and score some TV shows too, while still having time to create my own personal compositions at home and spend time having a regular life.

And all this thanks to weaseling a few watts of power from an Apple store.

haha, your answer reminds me of those SNICKERS commercials from awhile back

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
definately not done it at a store, but hanging out a freinds house I might pop it into their cradle or their wall charger. But they know I am doing it.

If your that hard up for electricity, get some sort of portable solar charger.

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
haha it shows that your pretty sad if you actually have to go into a store to get some charge for your iPhone lol. Materialistic person! Mind you, if there were many stores nearby me i'd probably do the same.

hockeysc23

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
Are you serious? If your that desperate every now and then keep a car charger. I always keep an apple charger in my work bag.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Are you serious? If your that desperate every now and then keep a car charger. I always keep an apple charger in my work bag.

What about those of use who a.) don't own a car b.)don't have a cigarette lighter socket in their cars.

I'm b.)

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
Is it just me, or is this kinda crazy to do? I've never had any desire to do this, it seems weird.

I dont think that many of the people who say they have done this did it because they didnt want to pay for the electricity (am I wrong?)....

but I maintain that if I ran out of batteries, and there was an apple store near, I'd charage up the phone if there was no other option

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.