Ok who's done it....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The3nd, Jan 19, 2008.

?

Every just charge your iPhone anywhere....

1. Yea, all the time if its a close store but I wont go out of my way for it...

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. Are you kidding, I've been driving and have even stopped at a best buy for a 5 minute charge..

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. STEALING IS WRONG, I hope you all contribute to their electric bill!!

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Meh, it's either always charged or I have a car charger...

46 vote(s)
    85.2%
  1. The3nd macrumors regular

Ever had the problem your iPhone is low on battery so you just step into a random electronics store near by for a quick fix... (power that is) I often find myself just going into a store and taking off their display ipod to hook up my iPhone and usually get asked, "Can I help you"... always answer MMMM Jusstttt looking...

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, I have never done that. I never even thought about it until you mentioned it and still won't do it in the future. I wouldn't be in the place long enough for it to make a difference.

3. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

I think they'd notice someone standing in a single place as something was up.

~Crawn

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Um, no. I have a charger at home, at work and in the car.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

If i'm in an apple store for some reason or another (usually checking something out on the internet) then I put my ipod/iPhone on charge if I know it is low but mainly just to give it enough charge to get me home listening to music.

6. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I've never. You drink.

7. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I'm going to go to the Apple store tomorrow and charge my MBP, buy a new Mac Pro and set it up using the 30 inch display that's already there at the store, download software updates, and also charge my iPod, but I'm also going to connect my iPod to the speakers so that everyone will hear the music I've made last night and hopefully get hired to score some short films or something and then move my way into bigger films and bigger projects and eventually be doing music for really cool indie films as well as the big screen and even do some electronic music so that DJs will use it in clubs and score some TV shows too, while still having time to create my own personal compositions at home and spend time having a regular life.

And all this thanks to weaseling a few watts of power from an Apple store.

8. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

haha, your answer reminds me of those SNICKERS commercials from awhile back

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Never done it, felt the need to do it, nor would I want to do it

10. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

definately not done it at a store, but hanging out a freinds house I might pop it into their cradle or their wall charger. But they know I am doing it.

If your that hard up for electricity, get some sort of portable solar charger.

11. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

haha it shows that your pretty sad if you actually have to go into a store to get some charge for your iPhone lol. Materialistic person! Mind you, if there were many stores nearby me i'd probably do the same.

12. memesmith macrumors regular

13. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

Is it just me, or is this kinda crazy to do? I've never had any desire to do this, it seems weird.

14. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I've plugged in at the Airport, but not at a store. Car charger takes care of my need to charge on the go...

15. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

Are you serious? If your that desperate every now and then keep a car charger. I always keep an apple charger in my work bag.

16. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What about those of use who a.) don't own a car b.)don't have a cigarette lighter socket in their cars.

I'm b.)

17. motomullet macrumors member

once at the apple store, but only cause I killed the battery waiting in line for leopard.

18. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

I dont think that many of the people who say they have done this did it because they didnt want to pay for the electricity (am I wrong?)....

but I maintain that if I ran out of batteries, and there was an apple store near, I'd charage up the phone if there was no other option