Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
As a very happy user of the Mighty Mouse on my Macbook Air with Windows 7 natively installed I'm very much looking forward to upgrading to the Magic Mouse.

Of course I'm in the same boat as always, will it work in Windows 7? I'm using the older bootcamp, I haven't upgraded to bootcamp 3.0 yet but I'm sure I will soon. My Air trackpad works perfectly with all functions enabled. My Mighty Mouse works perfectly, with all functions/buttons enabled.

Anyone give the Magic Mouse a try on Win7 yet? I called and my local store doesn't have them in yet, but said to try tomorrow. I will probably head down there tomorrow after work and pick one up and see if and how it works on Win7.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Hmm, those are the features that I read over and over again would not work on Windows with the mighty mouse, I also read over and over that the squeeze buttons did not work, but the scrolling and squeeze buttons all work in Windows perfectly. I get all the trackpad functions also, and read a lot that they would not work.

I may just bit the bullet and experiment, whats Apple's restock fee? It's worth the risk, that mouse looks super nice, but WHY did they make it white again? An aluminum look to match the Air would have been awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.