OK... WTH is going on!!! (15" MBP availability)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jblack4083, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

Just as I'm about to buy my MBP 2.2 Glossy I go to the store it's sold out. It's sold out in 5 New York Stores. The MBP 15" is the only item in the Apple online store that is NOT quoting 24 hours as a ship time. The matte is even sold out in many stores. And it's been that way since friday

What can be going on? Did they just start making less of these and more iPhones? Is it that they're in high demand since the student free iPod thing is was announced?

What is usually the case when stuff like this happens?

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

These are in high demand and have been since they were announced.

3. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

In other forums people have said their shipment date has been delayed a couple of times. They said there a problem with the HD supplies.

I'm not really sure why but they haven't been keeping up with demand.

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

A friend of mine here in MD was trying to buy a Matte MBP the other day and the Apple store closest (Montgomery Mall) was sold out of Matte but had Glossy in stock.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

If you want to get one, BestBuy has them, it's where I got mine today. It's no Apple store but who cares, you can get the computer.CompUSA has them too.

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

They are probably looking into the yellow screen issue.

7. Jblack4083 thread starter macrumors regular

I want the student discount. 200 dollars is worth getting it direct form Apple

8. MidiMonk macrumors regular

I was wanting the base model at the local Apple reseller, none were available.So, my sales guy game me a deal i could not refuse on the top end 15.4" model.Look on the bright side the delays are because Apple is fixing some common complaints:eek:

9. newmacchick macrumors member

MidiMonk - what'd you say to him to give you that deal?

10. MidiMonk macrumors regular

Long story, but it came down to loyalty to customers(my family) who have spent large sums of $$$ on computers/accessories over the last 10 years.It really does pay in the long run sometimes to build a relationship with a salesman at a local mom/pop store.Really nothing as far as trickery or guilting him, just got a deal.

11. LiquidSpikes macrumors regular

LiquidSpikes

Yeah I am still waiting for my MBP to ship! and I ordered it the 1st of July:eek:

12. Jblack4083 thread starter macrumors regular

I've been calling 3 times a day to all 5 stores looking for it :eek:. Hopefully they will have it when I call right now...

13. UnclePaulie macrumors regular

I had a similar experience. Two stores I went to were sold out of the 2.2 model in both matte and glossy. But they did have the 2.4 in stock so I picked up a glossy one. I'm impatient and I think the upgraded model is worth it.