okay does anyone know a straight answer on how much it would cost replace a 4s????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Oct 15, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

without a care plan? i only plan on keepin it like a year. and that will cover the manufacture defects. but if for some reason i dropped it or had to get it replaced, would i have to pay full retail? i'm trying to figure this out soon so i can decide whether or not to buy a SQ or AC warranty

2. Brazzy macrumors regular

$200

when i broke my 3gs in '09, i had to pay 200 for a new one.

3. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

awesome, thanks. i searched and kept getting different answers. i don't plan on keeping this after the iphone 5 comes out so about a year if i can go without destroying it....yours was a refurbished (which i'm okay with as long as that comes with a short warranty)...and you were outside your 1 year warranty?

4. thoryamaha919 macrumors member

$200 is the standard replacement fee for iPhones at the Apple Store. They do give you a refurb one but I have no problems with that.

5. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

ya me neither. i'm gonna take my chances and not get a warranty because i plan on keeping this just a year

6. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Not if there are no refurbs, which for the 4S there is not. So you would get a brand new 4S as a replacement.

7. Noisemaker Guest

Don't listen to the idiot who only paid $200. He likely had an upgrade or something that got used.

If YOU damage your phone (drop it, spill something on it, etc), you have to pay the full retail cost to replace it.

The 4S starts at $650 for the 16GB.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Wrong!

[​IMG]

9. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL wanna bet they don't have "refurbed" 4s's? I bet if you went in for a replacement tmr they would have white box 4s's on hand for you. Maybe not refurbed in the proper sense of the word but white boxed "refurbs" all the same.

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Which aren't yet referbs!

11. doboy macrumors 68000

Wow. They dropped the price for non-4S models.

In you face! :D

12. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Either someone got completely ripped off or suffering from diarrhea at the mouth from eating idiot pie tonight. :rolleyes:

13. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

this.....first they they do is they'll fix it if they can. if it'll cost too much they'll give you a refurb for $200 and if they are out for some crazy reason i'm sure they would give you a new one. they have good customer service...but they'll always have refurbed ones soon wherever they keep their stock

----------

i'm sure they have refurbs.......i didn't even break my phone and probably won't lol....everyone calm down

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The AppleCare+ is $100 (that's $50 for each incident, plus $100/2 for the plan); off-contract is usually $200, but I'm not sure how they handle unlocked devices on that one.

15. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

They won't have any referbs for a good few weeks. They do have oem white/brown boxed units sent in for the purpose of replacements etc. so at this time no it'll be a brand new phone you get back not a referbished unit!

16. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I've never had good luck with refurbished anything! I never needed to replace an iPhone so I can't tell you how there. But from reading on here some people have bad luck with them.

James

17. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Your chances of problems with a refurb unit are the same as with a new unit. I've owned several refurb Macs (using a refurb MBP to write this), and hubby has had a few replacement iPhones. Yes, sometimes things go wrong with them, but not any more often than things go wrong with a new device. Apple's refurbs are good quality and carefully inspected.

18. aristobrat macrumors G4

There are also threads on here from people that have consistent bad luck with brand-new iPhones.

Refurb'ed iPhones come with a new shell and a new battery, so you shouldn't be able to tell its a refurb by looking at it. They also get the remainder of your iPhones warranty, or 90 days, whichever is longer, so in the off chance you do have problems, you're covered.

I'm not saying that every refurb is perfect, but since just about every replacement (2+ weeks after a launch) is a refurb, I wouldn't let the few posts you read here about problems worry me.