Okay... Fedex screwed me

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by guccigucci88, Mar 16, 2011.

1. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Ill make this a long story short. I signed for a package today from fedex, and its all good. Later in the day a woman from downstairs claims that I had signed for 3 of her packages. She comes back a second time and said shes called fedex and they tell her I signed for it. WE talk and she leaves. Finally she comes for a 3rd time telling me she called the rcmp, talked to my building manager, etc etc. I called fedex and they claim that I did sign for the packages. This seems to me like the courier either made a mistake or stole the packages. What can I do here? I never realized how unsafe fedex was until today, basically fedex guy can steal stuff and pin it on anyone? Please someone tell me how to proceed. I will go as far as to sue if I must, as I hate dealing with cracked out 40 year old women (I live in a cracked out area) and getting accused of stealing resulting in a major headache. THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP.

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

If someone signed for it, there is record of a signature somewhere. Don't they use the digital pads? If they do, there's your in.

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

If he received multiple packages would he only have to sign once? If he only had to sign once, he could have signed for his and the missing packages and not even realized what he was signing.

4. guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

They are saying I signed for it. When in fact I had signed for my own package. So can they say I signed for all of them with just one signature? That is complete BS. I can't believe how terrible fedex service is.

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'm not really sure. I'm trying to remember how many times I signed the last time I received multiple packages. And, honestly I've never actually read what I was signing.

So definitely a possibility that you somehow signed for all of them. If that's the case, then it sounds like the FexEx guy set you up.

6. iVeBeenDrinkin', Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Believe me, FedEx is much more inclined to believe their customer before their employee. Call their 1 800 number in the morning, tell the rep you want to talk to a local manager or LP manager about fraud. If it pertains to iPad theft, it will probably have more weight. Apple is as anal about shipping as they are about any other aspect of their company. FedEx, will investigate.

7. guccigucci88, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Thats so stupid. Why would they even in the first place let me sign one signature for my own stuff AND my neighbours? Thanks for your input anyways. If anyone else has anything please let me know.

Thanks, that makes me feel much better. I had already called and its too late now for them to do anything. Even the chick at the office laughed about it though and said to call the local office tomorow so we will see. The only thing Im dreading is dealing with cops. Last thing I need. For all this annoyance I wish I was put in a situation where I can sue fedex for something and come out with a nice stack of cash lol.

8. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

To my knowledge, you only sign once per shipment, not once per item. However, since you and the lady in the building have two different shipments, it shouldn't have been possible for the FedEx guy to claim that you signed for her items, unless the signature was given only for her shipment, and yours is still without a signature.

Very strange.

9. guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Yeah agreed it just doesn't make any sense. And Its so much more frustrating when fedex is saying that I did sign for them and also telling some dumb ass **** that I did. Makes me look like the bad guy here when in fact I did absolutely nothing wrong.

10. Cyberheart macrumors member

Cyberheart

usually theres a name of who it was sent to that way you can prove that its yours.

11. guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Actually the situation is that I got my package, but I am being accused of signing for 3 others and taking them which aren't mine. Keep in mind I only signed ONCE.

12. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

did you get to see these supposed other signatures?

call the cops and tell them that either the lady or the fedex employee are trying to commit a fraud and you want no part of it.

13. guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Nope, I've been under the impression so far that one signature was enough for my package and supposedly 3 others. But it makes more sense for there to be extra signatures required to get your neighbours. I think I will be contacting the police tomorow. I hate cops, but I hate stupid people more... kind of a catch 22.

14. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

If you call the police now, you will establish yourself as the innocent party from the get-go, and the burden of proof will be on FedEx and your neighbour. Provided that you did only sign for your own package, you'll be good. :)

15. Cyberheart macrumors member

Cyberheart

i say call the cops man sounds serious.

16. guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Good call guys, just called rcmp. Its 1:30 am but Im not going risk taking any chances. Got enough problems already don't need something as stupid as this giving me more trouble.

17. MacPadawan macrumors newbie

On that electronic pad you signed on you can see for how many packages you sign! You always should check that!

If the courier tried to fool you he/she also must have made a procedural failure: policy is, if leaving a package with a neighbor a courier MUST scan those packages differently with name and address etc. of said neighbor.

This obviously HAS NOT BEEN done, when you signed only ONCE for your own and the neighbor's shipments. So the courier will have a hard time to explain his break of procedure and you are automatically in the right (in any case by the way), as costumer.

And by the way: there are bad people everywhere, working in any profession and no employer want such people in their work force. You do Fedex a service if you sue them and they get rid of a bad apple employee as consequence.

18. flyingchicken macrumors newbie