Okay guys, PLEASE help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by I Am Steve Jobs, Apr 11, 2009.

1. I Am Steve Jobs macrumors member

So, after not having a display connected to my late 08 MBP since I've been traveling, I get home today, hook up my Samsung Syncmaster 226 bw, and it was just like any other day, surfing around ect.

Then randomly, a short time after installing Miro (idk if this has anything to do with anything, its just the last thing I remember doing before this all happened) the colors on my display didn't match those of my Macbook Pro's anymore. It seems that all the blues got darker or distorted (clicking on a drop down menu from the toolbar and highlighting any of the options no longer has a sort of lightish blue anymore, just a dark blue).

My wallpaper was of a beach (a picture with a lot of blues) and I can just tell its distorted. The colors are just way off. Its making me very angry and doesn't seem to happen with very many other colors (I switched to a black and red wallpaper and it looks completely fine, blues still distorted where ever I go, like myspace, twitter, ect.) So, the big question. What the hell do I do to make the colors right again? Its really frustrating :(

Thanks for any help at all guys, it will be much appreciated.

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Go to System Preferences > Displays > Color

And check the profile is the same on both monitors.

Also could you not just check the settings on your monitor?

Restore factory settings etc

3. I Am Steve Jobs thread starter macrumors member

Oh I've tried every display setting possible, and messed with all the settings on the screen. It simply 'just worked' every other time before, displaying beautiful picture. I've been using the screen ever since I got the laptop on Halloween, and it wasn't until last night that I had this problem.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Connect the display up to another computer, see if the problem persists, if it does, it's the display, if it doesn't your graphics card/DVI or Mini DisplayPort is probably faulty.

5. I Am Steve Jobs thread starter macrumors member

Guess I'm getting a new display guys.

Oh well, I've been trying to give myself a reason to get the new ACD for a while now, so I guess this is a good calling.