Okay...how do I #$% free up iCloud Storage Space?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by NJRonbo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

My damn iPhone is constantly telling me that I have run out of iCloud storage space.

Yeah, I know, my email is the culprit. I can see it in the little graph when I manage iCloud services.

But you know what? I deleted all my email trash files. I did it on my iPhone, my iPad, my iMac and even on the iCloud webpage.

However, the little graph still shows that my email is taking up 4.xGB of space and for the life of me, I don't know what to do anymore.

Certainly, I don't want to pay Apple for more storage space. I just want to free it up.

I also *thought* I checked off somewhere that I didn't want my mail backed up. I mean, I have iMAP. Mail should automatically sync across all devices without needing a backup...right?

If anyone could take some time to walk me through all the possible checkmarks, uncheckmarks and otherwise to take email off my iCloud storage.....I would be in debt to you.

And, let me know, having iMAP, if I really need iCloud storage involved in my email.

....and thank you!

2. manu chao macrumors 603

Maybe you simply have 4.x GB of email data. If I have 20 GB worth of photos, I need 20 GB worth of storage space. There is no way around this. What is the amount of data your email client on your computer says you have?