Okay I would love to get the "Unjailbreak" Clear

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brandooo23, May 31, 2012.

1. brandooo23 macrumors newbie

I have done over 6 hours of researching through this site along with many, many others. The most common reply to "unjailbreak" or remove jailbreak is to simply restore. Most state to put into DFU mode, or recovery mode. I have tried these along with uninstalling Itunes, running as administrator. I would simply like to restore my Iphone back to stock IOS (5.1.1). I plan on trading my iphone in for a new one with AT&T and they require it to be in stock condition. Any help would be great.

P.S. When I have tried the above suggestions I can get restore complete but then get stuck at an itunes error stating, "Their is no sim card detected in the Iphone you are attempting to activate" yadaada. Thus rendering my Iphone useless. Please help. Mucho Gracias for any replies.

2. Axgema macrumors newbie

seems like you can't restore in iTunes? if you are on 5.1.1 right now try installing the package rockyracoon 5.1.1 untether in the descriptions it says uninstalling it will unjailbreak your idevice so install and uninstall package? if you are not on 5.1.1 try updating it in iTunes it might unjailbreak automatically. if still not, try uninstalling as many cydia tweaks as possible (like removing mobile substrate so it takes away almost everything you have installed, and try restoring in iTunes then, maybe a package is blocking you from doing so) that's all the help i can give you good luck

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

If its asking you for a SIM, you have to put an original carrier sim into the iPhone in order to activate it and pass that screen.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

^Don't do any of that. Not a single thing on that list will work. Make sure you have an original carrier SIM, and restore in iTunes. If you are restoring to anything lower than 5.1.1, install the correct firmware from iClarified.