Okay, I'm ordering an iMac this week. Will I get Lion for free?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Amnesiac1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Amnesiac1 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if Apple Canada is offering this...

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

its $29.

Just cut out starbucks or mcdonalds for a week = $29

4. Amnesiac1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I would prefer it for free, though. If not, then yes, $29 isn't that bad. However, free is better.

5. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Smartass ... :rolleyes: Yes, it should be free for the OP through the Up-To-Date-program.

6. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

June 6 is the cutoff date

I can't find the apple.com proof right now, but Macs purchased after June 6 will get the Lion update for free.

7. marka87uk macrumors newbie

The info is on Apple's website:
    http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/06/06lion.html

:)

8. ormie macrumors regular

ormie

It should be a free upgrade but as it's now a download, rather than a disc, you should ask when you buy the mac. In the old days, you just paid the P&P and supplied a proof of purchase.

Cheers, Macjim.

9. dmidesign macrumors newbie

Hi my advise/opinion and current experience with apple and the new imac 27" is dont buy one and if you have one don't turn it on because it will get contaminated if you use it, make sure you have apple care because you will need that to cover the 8 or 9 new screens you will probably need over the 3 year course, or sell it as quick as possible and cut your loses.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVok1MBNJqE&feature=related

It seems that dust inside the LCD and on the backlights is a widespread problem. From the thousands of posts on Apple Support and the numerous forums YouTube videos, this is a design defect!

There seems to be no solution as apple where unwilling to help and blamed the grey smudge marks on environmental issues and my fault because i use my mac in my house, When i asked if i paid for a new screen would it be fixed or will it happen again, Apples response was we can't guarantee it won't. The only solution i am now left with, is to follow this link below and pry open the LCD and directly clean the insides and backlights. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...1#post11976152

I will be opening my LCD and wiping away the dust that has leaked inside the sealed LCD display
    I will video document my repair and see apple in the small claims court

Will keep you posted