Okay just bought new iphone4 1 hour ago... doesn't turn on!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by California, Dec 2, 2010.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

Was at the Apple store. The apple guy couldn't turn on the phone out of the box, said it was a low battery, but managed to turn it on after a short charge with usb cord. So I just got home, try to turn it on, but it does not turn on! I have no phone! Plugged it in for five minutes through usb, nothing, nada black screen no nothing.

What is the problem? It worked a hour ago after some juice woke it up! I saw the screen!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Let it charge longer than 5 minutes. Try an hour or so.
    Maybe its completely dead.

3. theiphone4 macrumors newbie

plug it in to the wall outlet

hold on to the power/sleep button after it is plugged in until you see something show on the screen.

You should either see the apple logo show up or just a low battery notification.

Don't be impatient when holding the button down, hold it for a lengthy time (about 30 seconds - 1 minute)

If it persists to show nothing on the screen after holding it down for over 1 minute, just leave it alone while plugged in for about 30 minutes. Try the process all over again, if nothing, bring it back to the apple store and get an exchange.

4. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

Thanks to you and the other poster here... I was about to return it but after wall charging it like you said for like an hour I then plugged it in to the computer and it told me the iPhone was restoring. So I restored and it looks great! THANKS GUYS

Hey but one thing... it says it is a 14gb phone? How weird is that? It's a 16gb phone.

5. detoxguy macrumors member

the 14gb is the capacity that is available. iOS takes up some of the space.

6. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

New iPhone 4 lost it's complete charge overnight.

I guess it's a lemon!

Original iPhone of mine had a battery that still worked like a champ after over three years!

Too much time at the Apple store, will have to return!