Okay so is it safe to get Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Makube, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Makube macrumors member

I bought my SR MBP 17" 2.4 Ghz, 2 gig ram and 160gb 5400rpm in september 07. Now, that was like a month before leopard came out, so im running tiger atm, and its veery smooth i reckon, since this is my first mac. Is it safe to get leopard now, i don't want to go through the vista **** again, all unstable and so on. And will i get any discount for purchasing my mac right before leoprad came out? ^^

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Leopard is running without a hitch on my 12"1.5GHz PowerBook and my wife's 2.16GHz MacBook. You'll have no problems.

Just don't do an upgrade I, and several others, had problems with it. Do an Archive & Install or if you have a back up drive an Erase & Install. It's cleaner and won't leave you with a glitchy OS.

There was a discount for 2 weeks? I believe. It was free for those folks. I'm not sure if that offer has expired or what. Give Apple a ring.

3. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Leopard was "safe" to use the day it came out, with a few very minor bugs at the beginning which have been killed by 10.5.1 or will be killed in the up coming 10.5.2. So go for it! You wont regret it.

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Seems pretty good since 10.5.1, but with the .2 update so close, why not wait for that?

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol its not like you have to pay for 10.5.2 if you have 10.5.1

i mean leopard has been great and ive had it the first weekend it was out

6. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

Fantastic on three VERY different machines. Tiger (whatever the latest summer-of-2007 version) was VERY troublesome for me, 10.5.0 was more reliable and 10.5.1 has been near enough to perfect.

Skip the 300 features, the improved network approach and stability were worth the $$$.

7. bov macrumors 6502

i just did an upgrade on my MBP, and everything is fine. the only problem i have is that safari still occasionally crashes, but i had the problem in Tiger as well, so i dont think Leopard is causes it.

i think you should be fine with just an upgrade. now that i think of it, i dont even remember seeing the option to archine and install when i installed Leopard :confused:

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

there is under options at some pt in the install sequesnce