Okay this is really weird...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigpoppamac31, Jun 9, 2013.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

Has anyone else had this happen?? I have a MBP (early 2011) and I'm going through the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air DVDs. I'm on season two. I put in disc 3 and it loads the menu for disc 4. Not only that it plays all the episodes from disc 4. I then put in disc 4 and it loads the menu and all the episodes from disc one. I've watched through these DVDs before and they all loaded properly. Is there possibly something wrong with my optical drive? Or is it something to do with the DVD Player app memory?? Also how many movies does the DVD Player app remember?? Seems to remember a lot of them.

EDIT: Even VLC player loaded disc three as disc four.

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Is there another computer or DVD player you could try them in?

3. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

No. They been played before on this MBP and work fine. How would the DVD player load the menu and episodes from another disc and play all these episodes?? That's what doesn't make sense to me. Can I delete the DVD player app memory?? Maybe it's .plist file? Would that do it?

4. AndyV macrumors newbie

logic dictates that you didn't realize that the printing on the DVD is mixed up, last time you watched them. OS X doesn't just safe all the DVDs you play on it.

:eek:

5. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well then why is it that when I played disc one it was disc one but when I played disc four it also showed up and played as disc one?? That's really odd to me. And if disc three plays as disc four then I can't even watch "disc three" content. Disc two is the only one which loads as it's supposed to.

6. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000