Okay trying to find a classic game (Fish??)

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by 840quadra, Sep 20, 2008.

1. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Hi all,

I have had no luck searching for a game I used to play in Middle School, and at High School Study hall involving fish. The recent introduction of Spore has reminded me of this game, and I am having no luck finding it.

Basically you start off the game by picking a fish, and work your way up to larger and larger fish, eating, and being eaten.. Not much more I can think of besides the fact that it ran great on an LC520 and other 68K macs, and likely came out before 1994.

Thanks for any help anybody can offer!!

[​IMG]

2. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

The name of the game is "Odell Down Under" by MECC, if you have any CD editions of Super Munchers, Oregon Trail II, Yukon Trail, etc there should be a demo in the demos folder.

3. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestion

I will look into that game, though the screen shots I could find didn't look familiar.

[​IMG]

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Perhaps you are thinking of the much older "Odell Lake". I don't know if there was a Macintosh version but I remember playing it on an Apple IIe in elementary during the 80's.

5. mcdermd macrumors regular

mcdermd

I had also thought Odell Lake. When I was in middle school in the mid-80's I thought that and Oregon Trail were local because there is an Odell Lake in Oregon :D

6. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I have found more screens of the Odell down under game. It is highly possible that it could be the correct game. I played it mostly on an LC520 if my memory is correct. So it is not likely the older game.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to watch for that one!

7. Mac-Biodiesel macrumors newbie

Do a google search for "Macintosh Garden", which should bring you to a website full of old Macintosh abandonware. I think that's where I got Oregon Trail from. ;)