Okay, why aren't my Automator actions working now in iTunes 10?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apple.network, Sep 2, 2010.

1. apple.network macrumors newbie

I really like iTunes 10. Clean, uncluttered, easily usable.

BUT...

I have an automator action set for 7:30am every day as an alarm to wake me. This action plays a playlist in iTunes called "morning alarm" and has worked for months beautifully.

When I loaded the action in Automator I got an error to say that the "play iTunes playlist" action, the auto iPhone sync action and set iTune volume actions we no longer valid. Those actions appear not to exist any longer in iTunes 10.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Did you get a work-around?

Me not happy! :(:(:(

2. bw photo macrumors newbie

bw photo

iTunes 10 with automator

I'm having the same issue. I use an automator action that threw iCal, wakes me up in the morning. I set the time in iCal, it selects the iTunes playlist "iWakeUp" and it starts playing. I just bought a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. At first I thought it was a Snow issue but I quickly realized it was an automator/iTunes issue.
    I tried rewriting the action from scratch but automator didn't even have those specific actions for iTunes anymore. If anyone knows how to get those actions back or another way to do this, please help. thanks

:apple: MacBook Pro 17", 2.66GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB Memory, Mac OSX 10.6.4

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Did you see my post directly above yours? Supposedly that article has a fix for this problem, I don't use Automator so I can't vouch for it working or not.

4. bw photo macrumors newbie

bw photo

Sorry about that, I'll check it out