old 2.2 MBP or new 2.4 MB???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ewulls01, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ewulls01 macrumors newbie

So like everyone here....patiently waiting for the update but a little unimpressed. Played with multi-touch keypad on the MB Air and NOT impressed at all.

When I add up the price of the old MBP with the 2.2 processor on Amazon vs. the new mid range MacBook (2.4) from the education store it is $100 more for the MBP (after paying taxes and what not at the store).

So my question....do I go for the MBP with the larger screen, better speakers, backlit keyboard, video card, etc... or the MB with the faster processor?

All I really want to do is get into Creative Suite 3 (I get a HUGE discount on this through my school).

Help?!?!??!

2. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

If you don't want to game, that's a huge hit against the MBP. Unless you have higher resolution demands, it really depends how intensive the graphical work you want to do is. I'm not best qualified to answer that part of it :D

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You will probably want the GPU in the MBP for CS3, but I would suggest looking at getting it refurbished from Apple, as that will most likely be a cheaper price than on Amazon.

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Ok, that helps me answer his question. Grab up a refurbished 2.2 MBP for 1449 before they run out off Apple's website!

5. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I bought a refurb off the UK site last week for £1299 they are now selling at £929. The new MB is £829 so I have sent the MBP back and will reorder the one with the huge price drop

6. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

good decision there!
    got my SR MBP 2.2 " refurbished" as well at the online store for $1449
    congratulations!

7. yuck macrumors member

was about to ask the same thing, atill waiting for a price drop on my univ. bookstore...

2.2ghz refurb vs. the new one
    $1450 vs $1800
    0.2 more ghz
    multi touch
    80 more GB
    128 mb more
    $350 more

the only update that i really want is the 256 mb vram

8. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

You could consider getting the old 2.4 (refurb) which is $1650..then it becomes a difference of just the multi-touch and 40 more GB (from your list, that is), and you get the 256MB VRAM you want. Might be a healthy compromise.