Old 2.8 Ghz MBP NIB for $1400. Good deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by apatel87, Apr 30, 2010.

1. apatel87 macrumors regular

Hi I just had a quick question. Someone is CL is offering me a new in box 2.8 Ghz MBP unibody for $1400. I am typically someone who buys a MBP and keeps it until a new model comes out. I sell the one I own and try to get a new one. I am sure there are a lot of differences between the new models and this one that I am referencing. I was just curious if you thought that this was a good deal and whether I should jump on it. Also, do you see getting my investment returned when I choose to resell it? Thanks! I appreciate the help. $1400 is really pushing my budget but if it is a good deal I was thinking about getting it.
    I am sure that the new base model would be more than fine for me and at about $330 less it seems much more affordable. I do some photo video editing but mostly do normal word processing and surfing the internet. I have always owned the 13inch models and was hoping to get a 15 inch. Any advice?

2. apatel87 thread starter macrumors regular

anybody have any advice. i need to let the guy know by tonight. thanks!

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Nah, crap deal. What's his email, I should tell him myself :cool:

4. apatel87 thread starter macrumors regular

haha, is that your way of saying that I should jump on it?

5. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Just make sure you open it and check it all out. Yes, it's a great deal if it's brand new and has full one year warranty.