Old 2006 thread about what people thought iPhone would be

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Soulweaponry, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

I was browsing the 'ol archive and found an old thread talking about the possibility of apple making an iPhone and wow. It's like going into a time machine. The lack of vision people had when you think about the actual product that came out is astounding.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=254402

2. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Back then people had no vision, no ideas.

Now people have ridiculous ideas like making your iPhone fly and get you breakfast from McDonalds. (Obvious exaggeration ;))

It's nice to see things from the beginning of time, before they were even released.

:rolleyes:

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

Haha, good find. It's easy to forget now just how much the iPhone really shook up the mobile phone world and how really astounded we all were when jobs first demo'ed it.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

The first reply in that thread hit the nail on the head. Same exact story with the iPod :rofl:

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I remember two articles from before the original iPhone launch (I wish I could still find the links). One was about several other phone manufacturers who pooh-poohed the idea of touchscreens for phones. The other one was from a group that supposedly had a prerelease iPhone and was shocked that it only had a battery life of about twenty minutes. That worried me a bit. :D

6. mojito macrumors member

"high quality 640x480 mpeg4 videos"

My how the world has changed...