Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YEMandy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
I currently have the old 24" iMac with 2.16 GHz, nVidea 7600 256MB card. How does this compare to say the new 24" iMac with a 2.4 GHz chip and ATI video card? (besides the obvious external differences) Will I see a big difference in performance?

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
I would just continue using your current iMAc. I dont like the new ones and prefer the old ones. It turns out that their value lasts longer.

I would suggest you to put it up on ebay or somehow sell it for the same price as a new iMac. I think that in some time people will be fighting for the old iMac specifically yours because of its graphic card and maybe design.

YEMandy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Maybe I will see what I can get on eBay. I honestly really like the new design, but not enough to take a loss in performance. Macworld claims an overall increase of 9% with the new 2.4's, but a loss in a few frames with unreal. Now the question is how much of a difference will there be with the 2.8 extremes over the 2.4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.