old activation here we come?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otis123, Jul 11, 2008.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

since this whole activate in store isnt going to work from what ive read, is apple going to go back to the old good way of activating phones?

2. abooch1 macrumors regular

no..its still not the old way of doing it..you still have to purchase and sign a contract in store..

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What? One less opportunity to screw us? No, the AT&T I know, has control issues, so they'll continue to conduct business as usual, w/o any consideration that over 6 million iPhone owners are trying to download from iTunes and restore their contacts, music, photos and videos AT THE SAME TIME!:mad:

5. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

I would think that since a lot of customers have been leaving the store without having the phone unwrapped, as long as you sign the contract they have no real reason to require the unbricking in store. I'm sure you can request to unbrick/activate it at home as long as you first sign the contract.

6. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

That's what they did with me. After waiting 4 hours (which was kinda fun), we finally got called in the store and signed up for our contract, swiped credit card, and here's your iPhone. I am glad they didn't have to open it up there, but know since iTunes is down, I am still waiting.