old apple fan moans about keynote

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrpr0phecy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mrpr0phecy macrumors newbie

I just watched your keynote in disgust. I have been an apple fan for 2 decades......I am a fan boy. I had high hope for this and was sitting there with my hard earned iphone 3gs all tingly.....thinking about siri and ios5 mostly. Not only have you decided to give my phone away free with 2 year contracts (is that really all it is worth!?!?)....Siri wont even be coming to it. I waited months in eager anticipation for that news.

I don't like the look of the iphone 4, this is why I didn't upgrade and it has stayed exactly the same! So........in summary, what do I have to be really excited about with my 3gs and ios5?......notifications.......which I have known about for months......woo. I bet you can imagine I'm having a lot of trouble not crapping myself with a huge overload of excitement right now.

I have watched every apple keynote since as far back as I can remember, I recommended this one to everyone I knew and have never felt this bad after watching one. The only way you could make this up to me is to make Siri run on an iphone 3gs. You have managed to annoy not only prospective iphone customers but also existing loyal ones all in one evening. Don't give me all the normal bulls poop about "blahblahblah battery life, blahblahblah processor speed" If you can run Infinity Blade seamlessly on a 3gs then Siri would be a piece of cake. Plus....... Siri ran on an iphone 3gs - 2 years ago!!....now you own it and it wont work. How is this an improvement? Don't let me down apple, I'm probably one of your longest standing fanboys despite receiving absolutely appalling customer service in the past.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Who are you talking to? It wasn't MacRumors' keynote.
    Cheer up emo kid, the phone is a really nice phone regardless of some mindless crap people want. If you hate it tell Apple with your wallet.

3. mrpr0phecy thread starter macrumors newbie

I will, Jailbreaking has never looked so good. I just wanted to moan. I tried posting that on the apple forums but it was gone in seconds. They need a complaints department........... but there's nowhere for me to log that complaint.

4. interrobang macrumors 6502

Aww, but if I do that, I'll lose the sense of entitlement I have when I buy things from them!

5. 78-bit macrumors newbie

You're technically an adult if you've been a fan for two decades. I would suggest you start acting like one.

6. mrpr0phecy thread starter macrumors newbie

Like you?......No WAAAAAY! sner ner ner ner ner

In all seriousness though.....these are valid points. The customer is always right and apple is being too open about making you pay heavily to upgrade for a feature they could run on a lower spec. If you've been paying apple for as long as I have ....you'll appreciate my point.

It's not even available for the iphone 4 and similar systems have been around on other phones for years. It's making them look bad and in this evolving, competitive market, there's no room for that.

7. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

I hate that expression, mostly because it's rarely true.

8. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

www.apple.com/feedback

9. mrpr0phecy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh I know about that feedback link.......that's also known as the "junk mail" section internally at apple...... or so it seems.