old apple icon sticker

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by TuffLuffJimmy, Apr 15, 2008.

1. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Does anyone know where I can find an old apple icon sticker that has the exact same dimensions as the one on the macbooks and macbook pros? I would like to get one to stick over, or replace the logo on my macbook.
    [​IMG]

2. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

3. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

4. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Yes, but those are all decals with white borders, I am looking for one that will fit perfectly in the logo spot on my black macbook. It would have to be two stickers as there is a break in the logo.

I guess I may just have to make my own.

5. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

you'll probably have to make your own if you want the same size. I think as long as you don't sell it you're fine.

I suggest that you should print it on a transparency sheet so the backlight can glow through. Also, use a transparent glue (something like dilute wallpaper glue) so you won't get patchy shades.

If you have access to read/edit .eps you might want to use this file instead of the low res one you have. Note: read their terms of use as the images are only to be used for personal usage.

The easiest way to get it to the correct size is to measure the real apple logo's size, output the .eps file in a high resolution (cropped/trimmed to the edge with no excess white spaces around), put it in MS word, adjust the image size to the measured size. Print.

6. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

OUCH!

I may be easier to take the graphic above, print it using a color laser onto a transparent sticker sized to the MacBook logo and just stick over it...

8. stargurl84 macrumors member

9. hadakiri macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

10. kwanyin macrumors newbie

I would like a sticker just like that for my Macbook

Hi. I am looking for a sticker as well. If you make one, do you mind maiking one for me :):eek: