old Apple Studio Display 21 connect to macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by itsmacadmin, Nov 27, 2010.

1. itsmacadmin macrumors newbie

hi i want to connect old Apple Studio Display 21 or 20 i think to my macbook is it possible it has (Apple Display Connector) (March 20, 2002) 20", matte, LCD, 1680 x 1050 and my macbook is 2.1 core2duo 2006 how can i do it i have to by some sort of special cable to do this or its is not possible :apple:

2. UltraNEO*, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010

UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

There's no easy way around it, I'm afraid. It might be cheaper to sell the old display, or buy a new one..
    As getting them connected is gonna be a hassle!! And until you got everything, there's no guarantee it's gonna even work!

What you need is a Apple ADC to DVI converter, they're becoming rarer those days but ebay has a few...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Belkin-ADC-DV...104?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b544eab8
    [​IMG]

If you have a MiniDVI on your Macbook; you'll need the Apple MiniDVI to DVI adapter!
    Looks like this:

[​IMG]

Now, looking at those adaptors, it's very likely you'll need a third section a DVI male to male connector block to join them together!!
    Here's where it get's tricky... I ain't seen them around for ages! Do they even make them now?