Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
If you can think all the way back to the March 6th keynote, there were a few fully functional, totally AWESOME :eek: apps displayed. Among them were:

TOUCH FIGHTER, PHOTO FX, and SPORE.

Does anyone know or have any thoughts on why these haven't been introduced to the App Store?

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
If you can think all the way back to the March 6th keynote, there were a few fully functional, totally AWESOME :eek: apps displayed. Among them were:

TOUCH FIGHTER, PHOTO FX, and SPORE.

Does anyone know or have any thoughts on why these haven't been introduced to the App Store?

Those were apps that were just used for demo. Spore isn't out until atleast September, period.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
Wow. That sucks. What I really wanted was a 3D space game and the photo editor. I could care less about Spore...

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
It'll just take time. Apple is behind in testing apps that have been submitted for the Apps store, and many developers have still not gotten Apple's blessing to even submit them. Add that great apps should not be rushed, and will be worth waiting for.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
It'll just take time. Apple is behind in testing apps that have been submitted for the Apps store, and many developers have still not gotten Apple's blessing to even submit them. Add that great apps should not be rushed, and will be worth waiting for.

Yeah, but Photo FX was made by Apple wasn't it? (I don't know who made touch fighter)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Touch fighter and Photo FX were made by Apple as proof of concept apps to show off during the early development of the SDK.

They were never announced as official apps, nor did Apple ever state that they would me offered on the store.

This is not to say they'll never come, more that those who believe they're meant to be there are misinformed.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
Touch fighter and Photo FX were made by Apple as proof of concept apps to show off during the early development of the SDK.

They were never announced as official apps, nor did Apple ever state that they would me offered on the store.

This is not to say they'll never come, more that those who believe they're meant to be there are misinformed.

Ok, that kind of makes sense, but:

If they were just meant for show, and not to be sold on the App Store, then why did they put so much work into it?

If it didn't take much work, then why isn't anybody else releasing similar apps?

And if people ARE making these apps, then why wouldn't Apple have already released them to get a head start on the competition and make a few bucks on the side?

I'll I'm saying is that the logic of the apps just being for demonstration doesn't track, and nor does the idea that it takes a lot of time to screen them, as Apple created these apps themselves!

:confused: I'm sooo confused! :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.