Old Apps STILL NOT OUT!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pismodude2, Jul 17, 2008.

1. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

If you can think all the way back to the March 6th keynote, there were a few fully functional, totally AWESOME :eek: apps displayed. Among them were:

TOUCH FIGHTER, PHOTO FX, and SPORE.

Does anyone know or have any thoughts on why these haven't been introduced to the App Store?

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Those were apps that were just used for demo. Spore isn't out until atleast September, period.

3. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Wow. That sucks. What I really wanted was a 3D space game and the photo editor. I could care less about Spore...

4. qacjared macrumors regular

I think touch fighter is like that 3D City and towers of Album Art Screensaver that they showed off at wwdc 2006 that never saw the light of day even tho it was ALOT better than what came with leopard.

Remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1fHbI4eJu4

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It'll just take time. Apple is behind in testing apps that have been submitted for the Apps store, and many developers have still not gotten Apple's blessing to even submit them. Add that great apps should not be rushed, and will be worth waiting for.

6. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Yeah, but Photo FX was made by Apple wasn't it? (I don't know who made touch fighter)

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Touch fighter and Photo FX were made by Apple as proof of concept apps to show off during the early development of the SDK.

They were never announced as official apps, nor did Apple ever state that they would me offered on the store.

This is not to say they'll never come, more that those who believe they're meant to be there are misinformed.

8. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Ok, that kind of makes sense, but:

If they were just meant for show, and not to be sold on the App Store, then why did they put so much work into it?

If it didn't take much work, then why isn't anybody else releasing similar apps?

And if people ARE making these apps, then why wouldn't Apple have already released them to get a head start on the competition and make a few bucks on the side?

I'll I'm saying is that the logic of the apps just being for demonstration doesn't track, and nor does the idea that it takes a lot of time to screen them, as Apple created these apps themselves!

:confused: I'm sooo confused! :confused:

9. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2