Old Beloved Myspace vs Craze Facebook and Twitter

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gustavo Machado, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Gustavo Machado macrumors newbie

I have this believe that a lot of Mac/Ipad users are crazy about Facebook and Twitter, I was into Myspace and I will be honest but why so many people spend time on Facebook? Now this morning my cousin sent me this infographic about Twitter vs Facebook and it is crazy how many people across the world use it.

If you guys checked the infographic about "how americans spend time online" I think you should check this infographic and share your insight about Twitter and Facebook, no doubt MySpace is long gone..

http://www.blogherald.com/2010/06/28/twitters-meteoric-rise-compared-to-facebook-infographic/

this is the graphic..

2. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Friendster was the bomb back in 2003. In 2004, Myspace was viewed as a hooking up site. Facebook was the best until it was open.

3. Gustavo Machado thread starter macrumors newbie

Did Friendster, hi5 and all that really had some impact? I know there was something similar to Twitter as well FriendFeed and Identi.ca but not sure if they did as good as Twitter.

Clones everywhere...

4. ethical macrumors 68000

Have never used Myspace, but spend far too much time on Facebook. I think it's great. Easy way to share pictures and chat with friends.

5. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Myspace: site for kiddies and tweens.
    Facebook: Site for mature, grown people. Mixed in with kiddies who want to show off that they are "mature" but end up being immature anyway.
    Twitter: Site for those who must tell everyone what they are doing. Site that people care if so and so is taking a ****

6. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I'll admit that Twitter is taking me longer to warm to than facebook did. I'm starting to get it. A year ago I would have agreed with people who see Twitter as an exhibitionist's dream, now I understand it's not really *about* that - it's there, of course. I don't post on Twitter, I follow for now.

For me facebook is the answer to the dream to know what people you used to go to school with/work with/ etc are doing without having to spend time with them. I've found though that there are some people from my distant past that I get along with really well, better than we did when we shared the same space, and then there are the people who, well, put the 'hide posts' function to use.

Facebook is getting to be pretty bad though. I don't like all the changes they've made both to the interface and the privacy policies over the last 12 or so months. I'll be jumping ship as soon as there is a better alternative.

I've always hated myspace though. I can't stand those pages that play music as soon as you arrive, graphics that give you seizures, bad code, and endless spam from artificially inflated women who think your blank profile is 'interesting.'

7. Shyfty macrumors member

Why just Mac/iPad users? It seems everyone is crazy about Facebook and Twitter.

"I have this belief that Toyota drivers are CA-RAZY about roads!"